AirHogs Sign Former Rangers OF Jason Botts
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - The Grand Prairie AirHogs announced that the team has signed outfielder Jason Botts to a contract for the 2014 season.
Botts played in the big leagues for the Texas Rangers from 2005-2008 batting .230 with 5 home runs and 28 RBI in 93 games. He was originally drafted by the Rangers organization in the 46th round of the 1999 MLB Draft.
In 13 seasons in the minors, Botts has a .290 batting average to go along with 139 home runs and 662 RBI. The slugger's Triple-A numbers are even more impressive as he's posted a .293 average over eight seasons.
In 2013, Botts played for Campeche in the Mexican League hitting .256 in 36 games. Botts split time between Sugar Land and Campeche in 2012 putting up big numbers for both teams. The righty started the season with Sugar Land in the Atlantic League batting .348 with 9 home runs and 33 RBI in 39 games. He finished the 2012 season with Campeche hitting .336 with 8 home runs and 22 RBI in 35 contests.
In three years of Independent League ball, Botts has put up impressive statistics with a .349 batting average, 16 home runs, and 66 RBI in 94 games.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from April 14, 2014
- Sox Announce First Ever "Amarillo Sox Golf Tournament" - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- AirHogs Sign Former Rangers OF Jason Botts - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Laughs and Nostaligia Highlight Saints 2014 Promotion Schedule - St. Paul Saints
- RedHawks Re-Sign Gutierrez, Add Higgs - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- RailCats High School Challenge Games Tonight Postponed - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lights Out: Wingnuts Fill Late-Inning Relief Roles - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs