AirHogs Re-Sign Outfielder Keanon Simon
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - The Grand Prairie AirHogs announced that the team has signed outfielder Keanon Simon to a contract for the 2013 season.
Simon played for the AirHogs in 2012 and led the team with 124 hits, 11 triples and 26 stolen bases. He finished the season with a .308 batting average to go along with two home runs and 39 RBI.
The speedster played two seasons, (2010 and 2011) for the Kansas City T-Bones before joining the AirHogs last year. Simon hit .332 with six home runs and 40 RBI in 2011.
Simon is from Allen, Oklahoma, and is a graduate of Oklahoma State. He was selected in the 25th round of the 2007 draft by the Pittsburgh Pirates and made it as high as Single-A Hickory in their organization.
The 2011 American Association Champion Grand Prairie AirHogs open the 2013 season on Friday, May 17 at QuikTrip Park against the 2012 American Association Champion Winnipeg Goldeyes at 7:05 p.m. Check back at the team's official Web site www.airhogsbaseball.com for any other off-season news as develops. For information on 2013 tickets, promotions, advertising, and other opportunities with the AirHogs, check out the Web site as well, or call the QuikTrip Park office at (972) 504-9383.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from April 25, 2013
- AirHogs Re-Sign Outfielder Keanon Simon - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- RailCats Re-Sign Infielder Chase Tucker - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RedHawks Sign Hunt and Lundell; Campbell and Dahman Retire - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs