Air Strikers Battle with the Capitals; Come Away with 119-105 Victory
DAYTON, OHIO- The Dayton Air Strikers go 4-0 on the season after taking control in the fourth quarter 119-105.
The game began with the Capitals taking an early lead with some beautiful baskets, but eventually saw the high-flying offense of the Air Strikers. After tying it up 28-28 in the first, the Strikers took off and began to assimilate points off the Capital defense. Dayton took a 57-52 lead after a pair of quarters.
In the second half, the Air Strikers pulled away ever so slowly, still having to deal with the hungry Capital offense. Both teams have ample opportunities to score and build the lead or get closer, but momentum just swung side to side.
The fourth quarter saw plenty of intense moments, as emotions ran high after a technical call on the Air Strikers. While Lansing did make that free point, it would be the Air Strikers outscoring the Capitals 36-29 to close out this fantastic, but close game.
The Air Strikers had seven players score double digits, whereas Lansing had five.
Leading the charge for the home team was Brandon Russ with 19 points, along with C.J Anderson with seven rebounds and 14 points and Quade Milum with 10 points and seven boards. Elzie Bibbs had 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Capitals, followed by Ty Johnson with 20 points and Maurice Benson with 17 points and five boards.
The Air Strikers will entertain the Soldiers of Kankakee County on Sunday, June 12th .
• Discuss this story on the International Basketball League message board...
International Basketball League Stories from June 5, 2011
- Air Strikers Battle with the Capitals; Come Away with 119-105 Victory - Dayton Air Strikers
- Anemic offense costs Slam in 109-100 loss to Vancouver - Bellingham Slam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Air Strikers Stories
- Dayton Air Strikers 3rd Season to Take Flight
- Air Strikers Battle with the Capitals; Come Away with 119-105 Victory
- Air Strikers win close battle with fellow Buckeye IBL team; go 3-0 on season
- Air Strikers go 2-0, sweep the Gary Splash for the 2011 Season
- Strikers Set to Play Tennis Superstars in Charity Game