Air Strikers win close battle with fellow Buckeye IBL team; go 3-0 on season
DAYTON, OH- The Dayton Air Strikers played some close basketball for three quarters with the Ohio Hidden Gems and pulled out a 101-98 victory. The Air Strikers go 3-0 in their inaugural IBL season.
The Strikers got to a pair of quick leads with an 18-1 run and a 31-15 quarter, with thanks to some bad shooting and turnovers by the visiting team. However, the Hidden Gems turned it around and had a one point advantage after one half of play. The Gems would outscore Dayton 37-20 in the second quarter to claim a halftime advantage of 52-51.
A back and forth half awaited both squads with no team taking a lead greater than five points after the half, creating one of the closest games the Air Strikers have seen so far in their young season.
In the fourth quarter, it was Mickey Perry draining a few threes to seal the victory at 101-98, along with a few missed shots and missed opportunities by the Ohio Hidden Gems.
Quade Milum got on the board quickly in the first quarter and finished the game with 13 points. CJ Anderson chipped in a solid 15 points and nine rebounds, one shy of the double-double. Brandon Russ had a huge game for Dayton, putting down 20. For the visiting Hidden Gems, it was Rambo Dyer with 25 points and Isaac Jefferson with 14 points and 14 rebounds.
Dayton's next game is Sunday, June 5th against the Capitals of Lansing.
• Discuss this story on the International Basketball League message board...
International Basketball League Stories from June 4, 2011
- Air Strikers win close battle with fellow Buckeye IBL team; go 3-0 on season - Dayton Air Strikers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Air Strikers Stories
- Dayton Air Strikers 3rd Season to Take Flight
- Air Strikers Battle with the Capitals; Come Away with 119-105 Victory
- Air Strikers win close battle with fellow Buckeye IBL team; go 3-0 on season
- Air Strikers go 2-0, sweep the Gary Splash for the 2011 Season
- Strikers Set to Play Tennis Superstars in Charity Game