Dayton Air Strikers 3rd Season to Take Flight
After winning the PBL Preseason Tournament in December the Dayton Air Strikers will start the PBL Season opener against Charleston on Friday, January 6th. The game will be at Trent Arena in Kettering at 7:30p as the Strikers look to start out the season the way they ended the IBL season and the PBL preseason - Winning. The Strikers have won 7 straight games in the respective IBL and PBL and look to continue that winning formula on Friday. This team has been led by Penn St. grad and local player Brandon Hassell along with Pikeville College's William "Bo" Harris and former Milwaukee- Wisconsin G Avery Smith. The buzz in the PBL cities has been that the Air Strikers could challenge the champions of last season the (Rochester Razorsharks). Rochester was in attendance when the Air Strikers won the PBL preseason title at Lake Michigan, and the staff was impressed, look for a great regular season as the Strikers and Razorsharks will compete in the same division, along with Charleston (WVA), Lake Michigan and Scranton (PA).
There will be some new faces on the team, along with some of the players from last summer season in the IBL. Gone will be CJ Anderson, Marcus Thompson, and Jerrelle Redden, and others from last amongst others, while Quade Milum agreed to join the Harlem Globetrotters. However there will be some new faces such as Laron Mann, Aaron Perry & Mike Troll, who have relished the opportunity to step in and make their presence known. The Strikers will continue to develop talent from the Miami Valley area, as one local will be counted on to make a impact this season (Daquan Walker). In addition making his rookie debut into the pro ranks (Devaughn Buntyn). Both of these local legends played at Dayton Dunbar High School.
• Discuss this story on the Premier Basketball League message board...
Premier Basketball League Stories from January 6, 2012
- Admirals Prepare for PBL Season Home Opener - Lake Michigan Admirals
- Dayton Air Strikers 3rd Season to Take Flight - Dayton Air Strikers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Air Strikers Stories
- Dayton Air Strikers 3rd Season to Take Flight
- Air Strikers Battle with the Capitals; Come Away with 119-105 Victory
- Air Strikers win close battle with fellow Buckeye IBL team; go 3-0 on season
- Air Strikers go 2-0, sweep the Gary Splash for the 2011 Season
- Strikers Set to Play Tennis Superstars in Charity Game