Air Strikers go 2-0, sweep the Gary Splash for the 2011 Season
DAYTON, OH- A second half surge led the Dayton Air Strikers to their second consecutive win in the International Basketball League and over the Gary Splash with a 110-83 triumph. The victory gives Dayton a 2-0 record, while Gary fell to 6-7 on the season.
Gary had the lead after the first quarter, during a similar back-and-forth battle that both teams endured for the first game in the McLin Gym. Both teams entered the locker rooms after one half with a 45-45 tie. Dayton took control and outscored Gary 62-38 in the last half. Dayton claimed a ten point lead in the third quarter and never looked back.
Quade Milum had 20 points, while CJ Anderson chipped in 17 points along with Tyrone Bradshaw's 12 points. The Splash were lead by Carlton Baker, who had a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds. James Booyer came off the bench and scored 13 points along with TJ Jackson's 13. The next game for the Air Strikers is Friday, June 3rd against the Ohio Hidden Gems of Columbus. Game time is at 7:00pm.
• Discuss this story on the International Basketball League message board...
International Basketball League Stories from May 23, 2011
- Air Strikers go 2-0, sweep the Gary Splash for the 2011 Season - Dayton Air Strikers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Air Strikers Stories
- Dayton Air Strikers 3rd Season to Take Flight
- Air Strikers Battle with the Capitals; Come Away with 119-105 Victory
- Air Strikers win close battle with fellow Buckeye IBL team; go 3-0 on season
- Air Strikers go 2-0, sweep the Gary Splash for the 2011 Season
- Strikers Set to Play Tennis Superstars in Charity Game