Aces rally for 10-8 win
The Alexandria Aces came from behind twice to take three out of four games winning Saturday 10-8 against the Amarillo Dillas at Potter County Memorial Stadium. Trailing 5-1 entering the sixth, the Aces staged their first comeback of the day. Palmer Karr Jr. led off the inning with an inside-the-park home run. Karr hit a long, fly ball to center that center fielder Jonathan Reynoso failed to jump and catch. Karr raced around the bases to cut the lead to three. The Aces were not done as they added three more runs as Bryan Sabatella hit a bases-loaded double that scored all three to tie the game 5-5. The Aces came back again in the eighth after giving up two in the bottom of the sixth and one more in the seventh. Trailing 8-5 this time, Alexandria scored four again. Eddie Fitzpatrick hit his first home run of the year, a two run shot, to pull the Aces within one. Then, with two outs and a runner on first, Karr hit his second home run of the game to give the Aces the lead. The Aces added a run in the ninth on an RBI single by Luis Guance and held on to win 10-8. The Dillas went ahead early scoring five runs in the third. Gary Schneidmiller hit an RBI double and two batters later, A.J. Johnson hit a grand slam to give the Dillas a 5-0 lead. The Aces will come back home to Alexandria to face the Edinburg Coyotes for a three-game series starting Sunday. Game time is 5:05 PM.
Next home game: Sunday, July 6th vs. Edinburg. Wendy's, KSYL, and KDBS Best Family Deal Ever.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from July 5, 2008
- Aces rally for 10-8 win - Alexandria Aces
- Broncos Extend Winning Streak to Five in Victory Over Harlingen - Laredo Broncos
- Tinius Walks Off Against WhiteWings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Broncos Get Walkoff Victory for Fourth Straight Win - Laredo Broncos
- Saturday's Doubleheader between Colts and Coyotes Rained Out - San Angelo Colts
- Double-Header Cancelled - Edinburg Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th