Aces Announce MDA Kids Run the Bases Night Monday August 1st
Alexandria, LA; July 29, 2011 - The Alexandria Aces have announced that Monday, August 1st, the Aces will be teaming up with the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) to help fight the muscle disease by giving back to MDA $1 from each ticket sold the night of the event. The Aces will be taking on the Coppell Copperheads that night at Bringhurst Field starting at 7 p.m., with gates opening at 6:30 p.m. After the game, everyone in attendance will be allowed onto the field to run the bases as a signature event to show support to help fight the disease.
The Aces will also be participating in the MDA Muscle Walk which will also be held at Bringhurst Field this fall. The local ownership group has tried to find ways to give back to the community, as well as become more involved in various events, and this is another example of the ownership group partnering with other organizations to benefit all groups; bringing additional people to Bringhurst and also help awareness for MDA, as well.
"Bringhurst Field is such a great place to host an event like our Walk, and we see the potential of this facility to make our first event successful. The kids will be able to run around the bases on MDA Night, as well as run the bases during the MDA Muscle Walk in the fall," said MDA Fundraising Coordinator, Christina Griffin.
The Aces return home this Monday and Tuesday to face the Coppell Copperheads. The Aces' last home weekend series is Friday and Saturday against the Victoria Generals, before finishing the season and the last home stand against the East Texas Pump Jacks on August 10th and 11th. Come out and show your support for the Aces.
For information on the Aces, please call the Aces' office, 473-2237. The Aces' are currently selling group-type packages for as low as $3/ticket. Come out and enjoy the Aces' with a group of your friends. The Aces and its local ownership group are looking forward to continuing to provide great, family-friendly entertainment to the Central Louisiana community.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from July 29, 2011
- Final Fireworks Night Tonight - Where Are You" - East Texas PumpJacks
- Cane Cutters Game Cancelled - Again - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Fireworks Friday and LSU Night Saturday - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Aces Announce MDA Kids Run the Bases Night Monday August 1st - Alexandria Aces
- Pump Jacks Break Franchise Record for Wins - East Texas PumpJacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th