Aces 2007 MVP
Alexandria, LA; August, 2007 - The Alexandria Aces of United League Baseball (ULB) today announced that infielder Richard Paz, outfielder Selwyn Langaigne, LHP Adam Cox and closer Justin Dowdy have been named The Town Talk MVP's for the 2007 season.
A native of Los Teques, Venezuela, Paz wrapped up his 14th professional season hitting for an average of .323. Paz's .323 average was good enough to place him in the top ten in the league. Paz finished the regular season with 10 home runs and 60 RBI, while leading the ULB with a .459 on-base percentage.
Langaigne ended the regular season 2nd in the league with a .353 average. He also finished the season among the league leaders in several offensive categories, including: 80 RBI (5), 135 hits (T-2), .416 on-base percentage (T-4).
Cox, who recently had his contract purchased by the Boston Red Sox, was tops in the league with a 12-2 record and an ERA of 2.38. Adam's 12 wins this season is a ULB record. He also recorded 117 strikeouts in 105.2 innings, while issuing only 46 walks. For his achievements, Cox was also named the ULB's 2007 Pitcher of the Year.
Left-handed closer Justin Dowdy set a new ULB record for saves in a season with 24. Dowdy ended the season with a 2-3 record to go along with a 1.37 ERA. In 48 appearances this year, Dowdy threw 52.2 innings, striking out 102 while walking only 23.
United League Baseball is an independent league of six professional baseball teams located in Texas and Louisiana. The United League finished it's second season this summer with teams located in Amarillo, Edinburg, Laredo, Harlingen, and San Angelo, Texas; and Alexandria, Louisiana.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from August 27, 2007
- Aces 2007 MVP - Alexandria Aces
- Big Innings Lift Aces, 9-4 - Alexandria Aces
- Aces Drive Karr to Comeback Win - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th