Rio Grande Valley's Isaiah Taylor Named NBA D-League Performer of the Week
New York - Isaiah Taylor of the Rio Grande Valley Vipers today was named NBA Development League Performer of the Week for games played Monday, March 27 through Sunday, April 2.
Taylor (6-3, Texas) helped Rio Grande Valley earn two wins in the final week of the regular season to secure the number three seed in the Western Conference. He averaged 31.5 points (second in the league) on 61.1 percent shooting to go with 5.0 assists and 2.5 rebound. Taylor connected on 11-for-16 three-point attempts (68.8 percent).
On March 30, Taylor tallied 30 points, six assists and three rebounds in a 131-122 victory over the Texas Legends. He followed up with a 33-point performance, including the game-winning three-pointer with 0.4 seconds remaining, in a 118-115 win over the Iowa Energy on April 1.
For the season, Taylor is averaging 21.0 points, 6.0 and 3.0 rebounds. He was recalled to the Houston Rockets on April 2, and scored three points in 15 minutes in his NBA debut.
Other top performers considered were Canton's John Holland, Grand Rapids' Lorenzo Brown, Greensboro's Damien Wilkins, Los Angeles' Vander Blue, Northern Arizona's Elijah Millsap, Oklahoma City's Josh Huestis, Santa Cruz's Jabari Brown and Texas' Jameel Warney.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 3, 2017
- D-Fenders to Open NBA D-League Playoffs on Thursday - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Rio Grande Valley's Isaiah Taylor Named NBA D-League Performer of the Week - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Center Damian Jones & Head Coach Casey Hill Earn Monthly Honors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Orlando Magic Sign Marcus Georges-Hunt - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.