Denver Nuggets Assign Hamilton and Stone to NBA D-League Affiliate Idaho Energy
January 3, 2012 - NBA Development League (D-League) News Release
NEW YORK, Jan. 3, 2012 - The Denver Nuggets assigned guard-forward Jordan Hamilton and guard Julyan Stone to the Idaho Stampede, the Nuggets' NBA D-League affiliate, it was announced today. The assignment marks the 13th and 14th time in the 2011-12 NBA season a player has been assigned to an NBA D-League affiliate. It marks the first assignment for each player.
Hamilton (6-7, 220) is in his rookie season and has not appeared in a regular season game for the Nuggets. One of the 10 finalists for the Oscar Robertson Trophy, the USBWA's National Player of the Year award, as a sophomore at Texas. Led Texas in scoring (18.6 ppg) and ranked second in rebounding (7.7 rpg) and minutes played (32.2mpg).
Stone (6-6, 200) is also a rookie in the NBA this year and has not seen action. He ranks first all-time in UTEP history in career assists with 714, having passed Tim Hardaway in senior season. Played four seasons at UTEP, averaging 5.8 points, 5.5 rebounds, 5.2 assists and 1.5 steals in 30.7 minutes per game in 138 games (129 starts).
NBA Development League Stories from January 3, 2012
- San Antonio Spurs Recall Gary Neal from NBA D-League Affiliate Austin Toros - D-League
- Hamilton, Stone Assigned to Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Armor Acquire Damian Johnson - Springfield Armor
- Skyforce-Charge Complete Trade - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Denver Nuggets Assign Hamilton and Stone to NBA D-League Affiliate Idaho Energy - D-League
- Reno's Blake Ahearn and Andre Emmett Named Co-Performers of the Week - D-League
- Wizards Partner with Touchstone Energy Co-ops - Dakota Wizards
- Mad Ants and Erie Conduct Trade - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NBA D-League Update - D-League
- San Antonio Spurs Assign Cory Joseph to NBA D-League Affiliate Austin Toros - D-League
- Erie Acquires Phillips, Jr. from Fort Wayne - Erie BayHawks
- Houston Rockets Assign Marcus Morris to Rio Grande Valley - D-League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.