Cats lose heartbreaker in front of 8676
Edmonton, AB-The Edmonton Cracker-Cats began their two game series versus the Calgary Vipers with a loss in front of a jam packed 8676 fans at TELUS Field. The Cats had two men on base in the bottom of the ninth, but could not bring them home.
Eric Van Slyke got off to an unusual slow start giving up 4 runs in the top of the first inning. He finished the night, with two strikeouts. Dan Touchet was brought in for relief in the fourth and kept the score close.
The Cats have a chance to redeem themselves tomorrow night, as they continue this series versus the Vipers.
Game time for that one is 7:05.
For more information call 423-2255, or check out our website at www.crackercats.ca.
Golden Baseball League Stories from July 1, 2008
- Cats celebrate Canada Day with 14-11 win - Edmonton Capitals
- Vipers falter despite solid offensive showing - Calgary Vipers
- Silver Sox fireworks July 3 - Reno Silver Sox
- Silver Sox Slip By Outlaws - Reno Silver Sox
- St. George's Brandon Taylor signs with the Dodgers - St. George RoadRunners
- Scorpions Win Five Straight to End June - Yuma Scorpions
- Los Angeles Dodgers Purchase Contract of INF Brandon Taylor from St. George Roadrunners - St. George RoadRunners
- Silver Sox Survive Outlaws Ninth Inning Comeback For 14-13 Win - Chico Outlaws
- Cats lose heartbreaker in front of 8676 - Edmonton Capitals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.