Kouzmanoff, Zephyrs Top Memphis 5-4June 10, 2013 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) New Orleans Zephyrs
The Z's scored a pair of first inning runs. Bryan Petersen singled home Kevin Mattison and Kouzmanoff drove home Nick Green to take an early 2-0 lead.
The Redbirds fought back scoring two in the bottom of the first. A two out single from Oscar Taveras and then the two run home run from Brock Peterson tied the game.
Matt Downs tripled and scored on a wild pitch in the fourth to give the Zephyrs the lead. Kouzmanoff extended the lead with a home run in the fifth. Memphis' Kolton Wong would hammer a home run to pull the Birds within a run.
Mattison led off the seventh inning with a triple and scored on a Green single and the Zephyrs led 5-3.
Jared Rogers pitched in and out of trouble working five innings and allowed three runs on six hits and earned the win.
The Z's bullpen picked up Rogers and pitched three solid innings. Adron Chambers homered in the ninth inning with one out to pull Memphis within a run. Chris Hatcher allowed the run but earned his league leading twentieth save.
Starter Maikel Cleto took the loss for Memphis.
The Zephyrs defeated Memphis earlier in the day in the conclusion of a suspended game from April 10. The Zephyrs were winning 6-2 in the 12thinning when it was stopped. The Zephyrs added a run today with a sacrifice fly and closed out the Birds with a perfect inning. The picked up game lasted just 7 minutes.
Game Notes - The Zephyrs are at .500 for the first time since May 13th at 18-18. The Z's are now 32-32. New Orleans improved to 8-1 in extra-inning games with the completion of the suspended game.
Coming Up: The Zephyrs and Redbirds will play a double-header on Tuesday beginning at 5PM. RADIO: WMTI 106.1 FM "The Ticket"
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 10, 2013
- RedHawks Fall to Iowa, 7-6, Monday - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Hayes Hammers Nashville Pitching Again in Chasers Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Memphis Opens Series with 5-4 Loss to New Orleans - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Drop Homestand Opener to Storm Chasers, 10-7 - Nashville Sounds
- Kouzmanoff, Zephyrs Top Memphis 5-4 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Express Roll over Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Feierabend Pitches Express Past Isotopes - Round Rock Express
- Zephyrs Win 7-2 over Redbirds in Rain-Suspended Contest - Memphis Redbirds
- Dodgers Recall SS Justin Sellers From Albuquerque - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies' 8-Game Homestand Starts Tonight WIth Monday Madness - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Preview Homestand - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Storm Chasers June 10th Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- The Express Returns to Dell Diamond Tonight - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks vs. Cubs - Game Notes - June 10, 2013 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Grizzlies' Manager's Luncheon is Sold Out - Fresno Grizzlies
- Montz Named Player of the Week - Sacramento River Cats
- Montz and Torres Tabbed as PCL Player and Pitcher of the Week - PCL
- Express Hosts Isotopes In Four-Game Homestand - Round Rock Express
- Forsythe Power Padres over Sacramento - Tucson Padres
- River Cats Bested by T-Pads, 4-2 - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.