Houston Dynamo to Begin Bicoastal Road Trip Sunday Night against LA GalaxyMay 4, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Houston Dynamo
Sunday's game will be broadcast live on ESPN2, ESPN Deportes (Spanish), Yahoo Sports Radio 1560 AM and La Ranchera 850 AM (Spanish).
Sunday is the start of a rare bicoastal road trip for the Dynamo, who face the Galaxy on Sunday night and D.C. United in Washington D.C. on Wednesday (May 8). Houston will fly directly from Los Angeles to the nation's capital on Monday morning and will train at the United practice facility on Tuesday before Wednesday night's game.
The Dynamo (4-2-2; 14 points) are currently in third place in the Eastern Conference, three points back of first place Red Bull New York. The Galaxy (4-1-2; 14 points) are in second place in the Western Conference after winning their second consecutive game last Saturday, a 2-0 victory at Real Salt Lake.
The Dynamo and Galaxy have been two of the league's most successful teams over the last decade. The clubs have combined to win five of the last eight MLS Cups, and either the Dynamo or Galaxy have reached the MLS Cup final in five of the last seven seasons.
Houston is 6-6-4 all-time in regular season meetings with the Galaxy, including a 2-3-2 record in regular season road games against LA. The Dynamo won the only regular season encounter between the clubs last season, a 2-1 home win on May 26. Overall, the all-time series has been very competitive, with the Dynamo holding a 19-18 goal differential against the Galaxy.
Los Angeles features Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane as well as leading scorer Mike Ma gee, who has six goals through seven games.
The Dynamo will be without suspended captain Brad Davis after he was issued a red card in Sunday's 1-1 draw with Colorado.
Major League Soccer Stories from May 4, 2013
- 'Caps unable to mount another comeback - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Buddle Scores, Irwin Keeps Clean Sheet as Rapids Top Toronto - Colorado Rapids
- Crew Reserves Top Red Bulls 2-0 - Columbus Crew
- Houston Dynamo to Begin Bicoastal Road Trip Sunday Night against LA Galaxy - Houston Dynamo
- Reserves Top Red Bulls 2-0 - Columbus Crew
- Crew Fall to Red Bulls - Columbus Crew
- Philadelphia Union Draw 2-2 with Seattle Sounders - Philadelphia Union
- Red Bulls Move into First Place in the East with 1-0 Win over Columbus - New York Red Bulls
- San Jose Earthquakes Rally from Two-Goal Deficit to Tie Montreal Impact - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC End with 2-2 Tie at Philadelphia - Seattle Sounders FC
- Impact Ties Earthquakes 2-2 in San Jose - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.