Riders Sign Dwight Anderson; Re-Sign BrackenridgeFebruary 15, 2013 - Canadian Football League (CFL) - Saskatchewan Roughriders Press Release
Anderson (5'11 - 185 lbs) comes to Saskatchewan after spending the past two seasons with the Montreal Alouettes. In 16 regular season games with the Alouettes last season, Anderson had 47 defensive tackles and two interceptions.
Prior to joining the Alouettes, Anderson spent three seasons with the Calgary Stampeders after playing his rookie season in Hamilton. In 98 career regular season games, Anderson has recorded 290 defensive tackles and 14 interceptions. He is a two-time divisional all-star and was a Grey Cup champion in 2008.
Brackenridge returns for his third season with the Riders. After joining the team late in the 2011 season and playing in five games, Brackenridge started all 18 regular season games and the West semi-final last year. The Washington State product led the Riders last season with 77 defensive tackles, seven tackles for a loss and two interceptions. He was also the Roughriders nominee as Most Outstanding Defensive Player.
"Dwight is a proven veteran in this league and instantly bolsters our secondary," stated Riders General Manager Brendan Taman. "His familiarity and relationship with Coach Chamblin was a major factor in his decision to come to Saskatchewan. We are also very pleased that we were able to re-sign Tyron. He showed tremendous growth with the team last year and has turned into one of our top defensive players."
Canadian Football League Stories from February 15, 2013
- Ticats Sign DB Evan McCollough - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Riders Sign Dwight Anderson; Re-Sign Brackenridge - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Ticats Add Former First Rounders Brian Bulcke and Shomari Williams - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Esks Sign Free Agent Young - Edmonton Eskimos
- Blue Bombers Agree to Terms with Canadian Offensive Lineman Mark Dewit - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Lions Officially Agree to Terms with Solomon Elimimian and Julius Williams - B.C. Lions
- Lions to Re-Sign CFL Most Outstanding Lineman Jovan Olafioye - B.C. Lions
- Blue Bombers Re-Sign Slotback Clarence Denmark - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Alouettes Nab Free Agent Cornerback Geoff Tisdale - Montreal Alouettes
- Esks Ink All-Star DE - Edmonton Eskimos
- Lions Ink Paris Jackson and Korey Banks to Contract Extensions - B.C. Lions
- Alouettes re-sign Williams, Diedrick and Hopkins - Montreal Alouettes
- Stanley Bryant Stays with Stampeders - Calgary Stampeders
- Blue Bombers Re-Sign CFL All-Star Defensive Tackle Bryant Turner - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.