Bakersfield Outlasts Erie, 104-93February 11, 2013 - NBA Development League (D-League) - Erie BayHawks Press Release
In the first quarter, Erie's (17-14) D.J. Kennedy and Bakersfield's (21-9) Brian Butch led their squads with six points apiece as the Jam took a four point advantage into the second frame. The second quarter featured six lead changes and seven ties before Bakersfield took a three point lead into the break due in large part to out rebounding the BayHawks, 25-16.
Erie took a brief one point advantage midway through the third quarter on a Demetri McCamey jumper but the Jam came right back and went up five points heading into the final twelve minutes. With 3:31 remaining in the contest, the BayHawks took a one point lead on two Henry Sims free throws. Bakersfield closed the game on a 14-3 run to down Erie by a total of 104-93.
Kennedy led Erie in scoring with a total of 21 points. Tirrell Baines finished with 15 off the bench and Sims scored 14 points and grabbed 12 rebounds. McNeal finished with a total of 28 points for the Jam. Renaldo Major also contributed with 18 points and Brian Butch finished with 13.
Both teams will depart for the All-Star break and each squad will send two representatives to Houston for the festivities. Erie's Sims and Kennedy will join McNeal and Damian James of the Jam on Saturday in the 2013 NBA Development League All-Star game. The BayHawks return to action on Wednesday, February 20 in Canton. Bakersfield returns home and welcomes the Maine Red Claws on Friday, February 22.
NBA Development League Stories from February 11, 2013
- McNeal Fuels Jam to 104-93 Road Win - Bakersfield Jam
- Bakersfield Outlasts Erie, 104-93 - Erie BayHawks
- Red Claws' DaJuan Summers Returns to Action - Maine Red Claws
- Owens, Holiday to Compete at NBA D-League All-Star Weekend - Idaho Stampede
- Bighorns Players to Compete at NBA D-League All-Star Weekend - Reno Bighorns
- Tony Mitchell to Participate in Slam Dunk Contest - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws' Downs to Participate in Boost Mobile NBA D-League Dream Factory - Maine Red Claws
- NBA Development League Dream Factory Presented by Boost Mobile Returns - D-League
- Glen Rice, Jr. to Participate in All-Star Dunk Competition - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Maine's Chris Wright Named NBA Development League Performer of the Week - D-League
- Red Claws Acquire All-Star Forward Mays from Armor - Maine Red Claws
- Springfield Acquires Kris Joseph from Maine - Springfield Armor
- Miles Plumlee Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.