Ontario's Yellow Horn Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Player of the MonthFebruary 4, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL)
Yellow Horn scored 15 goals, added five assists and was a +8 in 15 games during January, helping the Reign to an 11-4-0 record during the month.
The 25-year-old scored at least one point in 10 of his 15 games during the month, and had five multi-point games in January. He tallied four points (3g-1a) in a 6-4 win against Utah on Jan. 4, scored two goals and added an assist in a 3-1 win at Alaska on Jan. 12, notched his second hat trick of the month in a 5-3 victory at Bakersfield on Jan. 15 and had two goals and an assist in a 5-3 win at Colorado on Jan. 26. Yellow Horn tallied three game-winning goals and added five power-play goals during the month.
A native of Lethbridge, Alberta, Yellow Horn leads the ECHL with 36 goals, 56 points and 10 game-winning goals and is second in the league with 11 power-play goals.
Yellow Horn has tallied 77 points (43g-34a) in 84 career ECHL games with Ontario, Stockton and Elmira.
Runners Up: Dustin Gazley, Elmira (11 gp, 5g, 12a, 17 pts.), Brayden Irwin, Florida (12 gp, 9g, 7a, 16 pts.) and Brendan Connolly, Greenville (11 gp, 7g, 8a, 15 pts).
Also Nominated: Peter Boyd (Bakersfield), Mathieu Aubin (Cincinnati), Todd Robinson (Evansville), Brett Smith (Fort Wayne), Alex Belzile (Gwinnett), Austin Fyten (Idaho), John Armstrong (Kalamazoo), Andrew Sarauer (Las Vegas), Michael Neal (Orlando), David Marshall (Reading), Peter Sivak (San Francisco), Chris Langkow (South Carolina), Cody Lampl (Toledo), Mitch Wahl (Utah) and Zach Hansen (Wheeling).
MONTH PLAYER TEAM
October Nick Petersen Orlando Solar Bears
November Chad Costello Colorado Eagles
December Yannick Tifu Reading Royals
ECHL Stories from February 4, 2013
- Reign to Host Go Green/Teacher Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Reign Release Two Players - Ontario Reign
- $1 Admission with Donation of Books on Tuesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Weekly - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Home Saturday, Sunday; Complete Road Trip in Idaho - Utah Grizzlies
- Radio Recon Promises Not to Bring up Lake Placid Circa 1980 - Reading Royals
- Mike Liambas Earns First Trip to AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 4 - ECHL
- Condors Weekly: Injury-Riddled Condors Ready for Five-Game Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Point Leader Named ECHL Player of the Month - Ontario Reign
- Ontario's Yellow Horn Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Reiter Named ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Fort Wayne Komets
- Lagace Gets a Call-Up to Rochester; Condors Sign Morley - Bakersfield Condors
- Fort Wayne's Reiter Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Jr. K-Wings to Cease Operations After this Season - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Buy One-Get One on Twitter Tuesday; Cirque Du Condorstown Friday - Bakersfield Condors
- Walleye inch closer to top spot in division - ECHL
- Nathan Lieuwen Recalled to Rochester - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho's Fyten Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Fyten Named ECHL Rookie of the Month - Idaho Steelheads
- Veteran D-Man Milam Returns to Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Komets Snag Four Points for Week 17 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Weekly: Nerd-Con and Hollywood Come to the Coliseum this Weekend - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 4 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.