Chivas USA Defeats UCI, 4-1, in Preseason ScrimmageJanuary 26, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Club Deportivo Chivas USA Press Release
- Chivas USA's next scrimmage will take place on Wednesday, Jan. 30 at 11 a.m. (PT) at The Home Depot Center's Field 6 against Santa Clarita Storm.
- The Rojiblancos pushed their numbers forward from the opening whistle. Midfielder Jorge Villafaña crossed a pass near the left sideline to Mejia, who gathered the entry and slid the ball into the box to the cutting Correa who beat the UCI goalkeeper to his right in the 10th minute.
- The Anteaters evened the score in the 29th minute on a free kick outside the penalty area near the left sideline. Midfielder Enrique Cardenas served the ball into the short area where Iwasa-s header bounced inside the right post.
- Chivas USA came out in the second half with an entire new line-up and pulled away on three consecutive goals. In the 68th minute, Eric Avila found a cutting Bowen inside the 18-yard box, who was able to fight off a defender on his back to beat the UCI "keeper. Three minutes later, Rodriguez headed in an assist from midfielder Laurent Courtois from the right side of the box.
- In the 77th minute, midfielder Ben Zemanski gave the Red-and-White the three-goal advantage with his strike from 25 yard out to put the exclamation point on the 4-1 win.
Chivas USA will kick off its ninth season when it hosts the Columbus Crew at The Home Depot Center for First Kick 2013 on Saturday, March 2, beginning at 7:30 p.m. PT. Ticket packs are available for as little as $10 per ticket. For more information please call 1-877-CHIVAS-1 or visit cdchivasusa.com . Follow us on Twitter @cdchivasusa and Facebook.com/chivasusa .
Major League Soccer Stories from January 26, 2013
- From D-III to MLS, Horth takes the road less traveled - New England Revolution
- Chivas USA Defeats UCI, 4-1, in Preseason Scrimmage - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.