US Men's National Team Public Training & Chance to Meet Jurgen Klinsmann on January 28January 3, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Houston Dynamo Press Release
Fans who pre-register on ussoccer.com will be entered to have a chance to meet U.S. head coach Jurgen Klinsmann at the stadium prior to the training session (REGISTER HERE )
At the session, fans will get a first-hand look at how the National Team prepares for an important match and hear exclusive interviews with Klinsmann and select players. U.S. Soccer Supporters Club members will have field-level access during the training session. If you are not yet a member, U.S. Soccer SC memberships are available to purchase .
The public training session comes the day before the United States opens its 2013 campaign when it faces Canada. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. CT, and the match will be broadcast live on ESPN2 and WatchESPN. Fans can also follow the match live on ussoccer.com's MatchTracker and on Twitter @ussoccer.
Tickets for the game are available at www.ussoccer.com, www.bbvacompassstadium.com and www.axs.com, or by calling 888-929-7849. Tickets are also available at the stadium Ticket Office, which is open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Groups of 20 or more can obtain an order form at ussoccer.com or call 312-528-1290.
Overall, the United States has done exceptionally well against Canada for the past two decades. The U.S. is in the midst of a 15-game unbeaten streak (8-0-7) since dropping a 2-0 decision to Canada on April 2, 1985, in Vancouver. The lifetime series record stands at 13-8-10 in the USA's favor, including a 10-1-8 record on home soil.
The U.S. Men's National Team will be making its debut at BBVA Compass Stadium, the home of 2012 MLS Cup runners up Houston Dynamo. The U.S. has never lost in Houston, collecting a 1-0-2 record that includes two draws against Mexico and a 1-0 win against Panama in the semifinal round of the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
The U.S. Men's National Team will continue its bid to qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup when the Hexagonal opens Feb. 6 on the road against Honduras (3 p.m. CT, beIN SPORT). The U.S. is joined by Costa Rica, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico and Panama as the final six teams set to compete in the 10-game round-robin format from Feb. 6-Oct. 15. The top three teams automatically advance to the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, while the fourth-place finisher will contest a two-game playoff against the winner of the Oceania region.
Major League Soccer Stories from January 3, 2013
- US Men's National Team Public Training & Chance to Meet Jurgen Klinsmann on January 28 - Houston Dynamo
- Rapids Sign Ecuadorian National Team Defender Diego Calder - Colorado Rapids
- Revs Add Defensive Depth In Goncalves - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Timbers' 'Dribble Oregon' Tour Kicks off Saturday in Vancouver, Wash. - Portland Timbers
- D.C. United Announces 2013 Preseason Schedule - D.C. United
- Three All-Americans and Jamaican National Team Player Sign Generation adidas Contracts - MLS
- Real Salt Lake Signs DF/MF Lovel Palmer - Real Salt Lake
- PwC US Donates $27,750 to Ronald McDonald House Houston for 37 Houston Dynamo Home Game Goals - Houston Dynamo
- Crew Signs Defender Tyson Wahl - Columbus Crew SC
- Revs Sign Portuguese Defender Jose Goncalves - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.