Worcester's Tim Kennedy Named CCM/AHL Player of the WeekDecember 3, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Press Release
Kennedy scored five goals (plus one shootout goal) and posted a plus-5 rating in three road games to help the Sharks regain first place in the AHL's Atlantic Division.
On Friday night in Portland, Kennedy notched his first multi-goal game of the season, scoring twice in a 4-3 loss to the Pirates. He came back with two more goals on Saturday night in Bridgeport, and also scored in the shootout to help clinch the Sharks' 4-3 win over the Sound Tigers. And on Sunday in Providence, Kennedy scored the game-tying goal in regulation as Worcester went on to a 3-2 shootout win over the Bruins.
In 21 games for Worcester this season, Kennedy is tied for third in the AHL in scoring with 23 points and tied for fifth with 11 goals. He finished the week riding a six-game scoring streak (6-5-11).
A Buffalo, N.Y., native, Kennedy is in his fifth professional season after originally being drafted by Washington in 2005. He was an AHL All-Rookie Team selection in 2008-09 when he notched 67 points in 73 games for Portland, and has registered 179 points (54 goals, 125 assists) in 214 career AHL games. Kennedy has also appeared in 112 career NHL games with Buffalo and Florida, totaling 11 goals and 18 assists for 29 points.
In recognition of his achievement, Kennedy will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Sharks home game.
American Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2012
- December 3 Heat vs Rampage Preview - Abbotsford Heat
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Monarchs Sign Rodney - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Poapst Among 2013 ECHL Hall of Fame Class - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch Return Defenseman Landry to Florida - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Della Rovere Recalled from Evansville - Peoria Rivermen
- Bulldogs Continue Road Trip With Visits To Syracuse And Hershey - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Kennedy and Sateri Lead Sharks to First Place in Atlantic - Worcester Sharks
- Schultz & Eberle Named AHL Monthly Award Winners - Oklahoma City Barons
- Zatkoff Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Eberle, Schultz, Zatkoff Named American Hockey League Monthly Award Winners - AHL
- Oilers Assign Rajala to Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Barons Sign Deck to PTO - Oklahoma City Barons
- Hot Hogs Propel to the Top - Rockford IceHogs
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Worcester's Tim Kennedy Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Worcester Sharks Host Bruins on Saturday on Matt Irwin Bobblehead Night - Worcester Sharks
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Mark Scheifele Invited to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - St. John's IceCaps
- Albany Devils Sign Stephen Gionta - Albany Devils
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Islanders Reassign Clark to Gwinnett - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Record Number Of Bears From The Bears - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.