Cyclones WeeklyDecember 3, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) - Cincinnati Cyclones
About Saturday Night in Toledo: A late third period comeback fell just short as the Cyclones were unable to tie the game in the final minute and the Walleye survived by a 4-3 score in front of 6,153 at Huntington Center on Saturday night. The loss snapped Cincinnati's four-game winning streak and gave the Walleye the top spot in the North Division standings.
About Friday Night vs. Evansville: The Cyclones got out to a fast start and never looked back as they took down the IceMen by a final score of 6-1 in front of 4,705 at U.S. Bank Arena. Rookie John McFarland had his first professional hat trick in the victory. It was the fourth straight win for the Cyclones.
About Last Wednesday Night vs. Evansville: Behind Josh Shalla's third multi-goal game of the season, the Cyclones moved back into the top spot of the North Division standings with a 4-1 victory over the IceMen front of 1,838 at U.S. Bank Arena. Garrett Wilson and Mike Pelech also notched multi-point efforts as Cincinnati won their third consecutive game. Mattias Lindstrom earned his first game-winning goal as well.
SHOTS FROM THE POINT:
More of the Same: The Cyclones will conclude a string of six straight North Division games this week as they play three contests in four nights. They'll host the Evansvile IceMen on Wednesday night before welcoming in the Kalamazoo Wings on Friday for Pucks N Pups Night at U.S. Bank Arena. Then, on Saturday night, they will make their first visit to the Ford Center in Evansville, Indiana.
Shalla's Shelling: Forward Josh Shalla is on an absolute tear of late; he has notched points in three consecutive games and seven of his last eight. With another goal on Saturday night in Toledo, he now leads the team with nine lamp-lighters in 2012-13.
The Captain Closes In On the Record Books: Cincinnati captain Mathieu Aubin is approaching both personal and club milestones. He needs just eight points to earn his 300th as a professional and sits just four goals away from passing Barrett Ehgoetz for second on the club's all-time goal-scoring list. So far in 2012-13, Aubin has posted four goals and 10 assists.
Coors Light Jarrod Skalde Show TONIGHT: Join Head Coach Jarrod Skalde and Voice of the Cyclones Nick Brunker at Tap House Grill in Kenwood from 7-8pm as they chat about this past week of hockey and look ahead to the trio of games ahead. In addition, Cyclones forward John McFarland and defenseman Anthony Bitetto will be on hand to sign autographs and take pictures!
Wednesday, December 5 Wet Wednesday / Crosstown Face-Off - 7:30pm Fans 21+ can enjoy $1 PBR and Miller High Life, plus college students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing their college colors!
Friday, December 7 Pucks N Pups Night - 7:30pm The Cyclones will hold their annual Pucks N Pups game where fans can bring their four-legged friends to U.S. Bank Arena. In addition, the first 2,000 fans through the gates receive a Cyclones Dog Bowl. Plus, all fans can enjoy $1 John Morrell Hot Dogs! And in between periods, the Cyclones will hold a Weiner Dog Race!
Wednesday, December 12 Wet Wednesday / Ugly Sweater Party - 7:30pm Fans 21+ can enjoy $1 PBR and Miller High Life! Plus, fans are encouraged to wear their best ugly holiday sweaters to the game!
For tickets to all games this season, log onto CyclonesHockey.com, call 513.421.PUCK (7825) or visit the U.S. Bank Arena Box Office.
UPCOMING HOME GAMES
Cincinnati vs. Evansville
Wednesday, December 5 - 7:30pm
WET WEDNESDAY / CROSSTOWN FACE-OFF
Cincinnati vs. Kalamazoo
Friday, December 7 - 7:30pm
PUCKS N PUPS / WEINER DOG RACE NIGHT / $1 HOT DOGS
Cincinnati vs. Florida
Wednesday, December 12 - 7:30pm
WET WEDNESDAY / UGLY SWEATER PARTY
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2012
- Thunder Weekly: Second Place Thunder Hosts Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Former Wranglers Goaltender Marc Magliarditi Named to ECHL Hall of Fame - Las Vegas Wranglers
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors Weekly: Condors Split Weekend Series; Three Games on Tap - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - December 3 - ECHL
- Weekly Warrior - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Announces 2013 Hall of Fame Class - ECHL
- Road Warriors Teddy Bear Toss on Friday December 7 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Christmas Parade and Coat Drive - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces back in familiar position - ECHL
- Edmonton Reassigns RW Toni Rajala to Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Split Pair at Gwinnett; Open Three-Game Series at Orlando Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Host Teddy Bear Toss Friday - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Loans D Nathan Deck to Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Radio Recon Might Sit in the Lotus Position for this One - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Weekly: College Pride Night and Teddy Bear Toss this Weekend - South Carolina Stingrays
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.