Raiders Imports Selected to Represent Their CountriesNovember 27, 2012 - Western Hockey League (WHL) - Prince Albert Raiders Press Release
Knutsen will represent his home country of Norway at the Division I Under-20 World Championships in Amiens, France. The 6', 180-pound left-winger participated in the tournament last year, finishing second in team scoring with 5 goals and 2 assists in 5 games en route to a silver medal. The Oslo product has 2 goals and 7 assists for the Raiders so far this season. Team Norway will begin the tournament on December 9th against the Austrians before taking on France, Belarus, Denmark and Slovenia.
Draisaitl, a native of Cologne, Germany, will play for his country in the World Junior Championships in Ufa, Russia. The 6'1", 198-pound centre represented his country at the World Under-17 Challenge and the World Under-18 Championships last year, leading Germany in scoring at both tournaments. Draisaitl currently sits tied for top spot in WHL rookie scoring with 23 points, including 7 goals and 16 assists, the most helpers among all new players. Germany begins the tournament on Boxing Day against Team Canada followed by games against the United Stated, Russia and Slovakia.
Knutsen will depart to join his team on December 5th and will return to the Raiders on December 26th, while Draisaitl will head overseas on December 10th to unite with his teammates, and will travel back to Prince Albert on January 5th.
Western Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2012
- Red Deer Rebels' Patrik Bartosak Named Vaughn CHL Goalie of the Week - WHL
- Rebels' Patrik Bartosak Named Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Hurricanes Unveil 5 for $75 Voucher Packs - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Canes Weekly Report - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Chiefs Weekly Report - Chiefs Leave on Long Road Trip - Spokane Chiefs
- Raiders Imports Selected to Represent Their Countries - Prince Albert Raiders
- Raiders Announce Launch of Second Half Season Ticket - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.