Stockton Holds Back Condors Rally, 4-3October 28, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Bakersfield Condors
The two teams exchanged early first period tallies, including the game's opening goal by F Parker Stanfield, who was honored with his name on the Youth Jersey Giveaway Night tonight. After that, the physical play picked up, with numerous hits, few scoring chances and a fight as well.
Just 16 seconds into the middle stanza, D Justin Pender struck, when his blast kicked off the end wall and banked in off G Tyler Bunz for a power play tally. The lead was short-lived though as Stockton scored twice in the next five minutes to bounce back and take the lead. The Thunder eased into the intermission with the 3-2 advantage, and out-shot Bakersfield 16-7 in the period.
A shorthanded goal by RW Matt Reber just 4:07 into the third gave the visiting Thunder a two-goal cushion. D Erik Burgdoerfer rifled home a power play tally for the Condors just past the midway point of the frame to cut the deficit back to one. Bunz held his ground in the final moments, when Bakersfield put up a barrage of shots with the extra attacker, and Stockton took the win.
ECHL Stories from October 28, 2012
- Condors Take Point in Overtime Loss to Stockton, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Gladiators Ice Evansville, 5-2 - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Solar Bears Outlasted in 6-5 Shootout Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Road Warriors Finish Road Trip with Shootout Victory - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Transactions - October 28 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder vs. Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- Goaltender Philipp Grubauer Assigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Wranglers, Three Square Food Bank Host "Fill the Mayflower" Food Drive - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Greenville Road Warriors Today - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Today - October 28 - ECHL
- Weber, Madaisky Assigned by Columbus - Evansville IceMen
- Dubinsky's Hat Trick Leads Aces to 5-2 Win over Bulls - Alaska Aces
- Stockton Holds Back Condors Rally, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder improves to 3-1-1 with multi point games - Stockton Thunder
- Lampe's Late Goal Lifts Las Vegas to 4-3 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Grizzlies Beat Idaho 5-4 in Shootout as Top Two in West Clash - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Stopped in Shootout, 5-4 - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.