Uncle Bob's Metroplex Rivalry Debuts this WeekendOctober 26, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Allen Americans
The Americans and Brahmas will meet 17 times in the 2012-13 regular season, making up over 25 percent of each team's schedule.
Uncle Bob's Self Storage gave the following statement regarding the announcement: "The energy and intensity between the Allen Americans and Ft. Worth Brahmas is just too exciting to pass up. That's why Uncle Bob's Self Storage wants to get a piece of the action! We're introducing the Uncle Bob's Metroplex Rivalry series so we can share the excitement with our friends and families! We're looking forward to an electrifying hockey season!"
The Americans and Brahmas will play each season series for the right to hoist (and keep for the off-season) the Uncle Bob's Metroplex Rivalry trophy, which is currently in development and will be released later this season. The rivalry series includes a new logo as well, which was also released today.
"It's only fitting that the series between the Americans and Brahmas becomes official with a title moniker and name, and we are very excited that Uncle Bob's is now a part of it," Americans President Matt Canavan said. "All of the games between our two hockey clubs are battles and the fans really get into it. We're looking forward to kicking off another chapter in the season series this weekend."
Added Brahmas VP of Sales, Scott Plourde, "Uncle Bob's partnership will infuse another valuable component to a series that fans have already identified as a classic rivalry. We welcome their support and are poised for some exciting and entertaining tilts during the 2012-13 season."
The Uncle Bob's Metroplex Rivalry will also feature special giveaway nights at both arenas for select games, with premium items given away to fans in attendance. Those promotional giveaways will be announced at a later date.
The Brahmas host the Americans this Friday at 7:30 pm at NYTEX Sports Centre, and Saturday at 7:30 pm as well. Texas' first regular season game in Allen will be Sunday, Dec. 2 at 4:05 pm.
Central Hockey League Stories from October 26, 2012
- Oilers Drop Home Opener to Mallards in OT - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Lose First Game in Regulation, 3-2, to Arizona - Missouri Mavericks
- Special Teams Power Blaze to 6-4 Win over Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Hold on in Final Seconds for 3-2 Win over Cutthroats - Denver Cutthroats
- Lang Gives Mallards Season-Opening O.T. Win in Tulsa - Quad City Mallards
- Blaze Beat Thunder for Second Straight Win - Bloomington Blaze
- Uncle Bob's Metroplex Rivalry Debuts this Weekend - Allen Americans
- Connecticut Whale Product Assigned to Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Shots from the Point for October 26, 2012 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.