Alaska Adds Defensemen Alain GouletOctober 25, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Alaska Aces
Goulet, 24, comes to the Aces after spending most of last year with the Bakersfield Condors. A late season trade landed him with the Cincinnati Cyclones, and he combined to notch 26 points (8g, 18a) in 62 games last year. Goulet is a 6'3", 200 lbs. native of Kapuskasing, Ontario who was a 2007, 6th rd. draft pick of the Boston Bruins. The blue liner has a history with Murray, having spent his rookie season under the Aces bench boss with the Providence Bruins in 2009-2010. That year he totaled 18 points (3g, 15a) in 71 games. He added 16 games with the P-Bruins the following year and contributed another 8 points (2g, 6a) in 16 games, while also appearing in 43 games for the Reading Royals.
Prior to turning pro, Goulet spent a season and a half at the University of Nebraska-Omaha, before finishing up the 2008-2009 season with the Gatineau Olympiques in the QMJHL. He was a force from the back end in his short time in major juniors, notching 35 points (16g, 19a) in 32 games for Gatineau.
Ambroz departs Alaska after appearing in 48 games last season, and registering 10 points (3g, 7a) and a team-high 88 penalty minutes. He appeared in one game for the Aces this season. Ambroz made his pro debut as an amateur in 2011, playing in Game Four of the Western Conference Finals for the Aces.
In additional roster moves, the Aces placed defensemen Kane Lafranchise and Corey Syvret on the reserve list. They activated veteran forward Matt Robinson off the reserve list, and on Wednesday placed Tim Hall and Steve Ward on the 21-day IR.
The Aces complete their home stand this weekend with their first ever series with the expansion San Francisco Bulls. The games begin Friday and Saturday at 7:15pm and Sunday at 3:05pm. Tickets are currently on sale for all home games at the Aces office, Sullivan Arena Box Office, Fred Meyer locations and online at www.ticketmaster.com. All Aces games this season can be heard on NewsTalk 103.7FM and 750AM KFQD. For more information, please contact the Aces office at 907.258.ACES, or visit them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey.
ECHL Stories from October 25, 2012
- Petersen's Hat Trick Lifts Orlando to 5-3 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Fall to Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Alaska Adds Defensemen Alain Goulet - Alaska Aces
- Condors Name Levi Nelson Captain - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - October 25 - ECHL
- Titans Alumni Game Cancelled; Other Activities to Continue - Trenton Titans
- Goaltender Reiter Recalled to Bridgeport - Fort Wayne Komets
- Greenville Receives Goaltender Scott Stajcer - Greenville Road Warriors
- Eagles Asking Fans to Nominate 'Hometown Heroes' to be Honored During Upcoming Military Appreciation - Colorado Eagles
- Grizzlies Name Greg McCauley Assistant Coach - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. South Carolina Stingrays Tonight - Orlando Solar Bears
- MeiGray Group Accepting Orders for 2012-13 ECHL Game-Worn Jerseys - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Battle Solar Bears Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Away Game Time Changed - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Today - October 25 - ECHL
- Reign Suffer 7-2 Loss to Steelheads - Ontario Reign
- Balanced Steelheads Top Ontario, 7-2 - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.