Lookouts Inch Closer to Playoffs with 4-1 WinAugust 28, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Chattanooga Lookouts
The Lookouts wasted very little time building an early lead. After two quick outs in the bottom of the first, Luis Nunez singled and then swiped second base. J.T. Wise followed with a walk, and Blake Smith hit an infield single to load the bases. C.J. Retherford then ripped a bases-clearing double off of Taijuan Walker (7-9) to right field to give the Lookouts an early 3-0 lead.
Nunez hit a solo shot in the third to extend the Lookouts' lead to 4-0.
Lookouts starting pitcher Andres Santiago breezed through the Jackson lineup, throwing seven shutout innings before surrendering a solo shot to Johermyn Chavez to lead off the eighth inning. The big hit ended Santiago's afternoon, but, overall, he yielded just three hits and two walks, while striking out seven in the winning effort.
Steven Ames recorded the final four Jackson outs to record his 17th save of the season.
The Chattanooga Lookouts will hit the road to Birmingham to play their final five regular season games of the season. Provided the Lookouts secure a playoff spot, they will play a best-of-five series against the Jackson Generals beginning on September 6th at Jackson and resulting in a home game at AT&T Field on September 8th. Lookouts home playoff games can be purchased at the Lookouts Box Office at AT&T Field, online at www.lookouts.com, or by calling (423) 267-4849.
Southern League Stories from August 28, 2012
- Biscuits Edge Suns 7-4 and Force Tie at Top - Jacksonville Suns
- Skid Snapped: Biscuits Tied for 1st, 5 Games Left - Montgomery Biscuits
- Generals Stymied Again by Lookouts, Drop Series - Jackson Generals
- Lookouts Inch Closer to Playoffs with 4-1 Win - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Generals Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- Stars Drop Third Straight - Huntsville Stars
- BayBears Can't Overcome Rough Start in 5-3 Loss - Mobile BayBears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.