Round Rock wins 8-7August 3, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Tucson Padres
Round Rock got ahead early when Borbon hit a sacrifice fly to left field to score Leonys Martin in the first. The Express added on to their lead in the bottom of the second when nine batters came to the plate accounting for six hits and four runs. Brad Nelson's RBI single in the fifth increased the score to 6-0. Tucson's Anthony Contreras hit a two-run home run in the top of the seventh to put the Padres on the scoreboard. Jedd Gyorko hit a two-run double in the eighth inning and after a pitching change by the Express, Matt Clark lined a two-run home run over the right field wall to tie the score, 6-6.
With the game still tied in the top of the ninth, Blake Tekotte doubled with one out to start the inning. Rocky Gale then hit a comebacker to Round Rock pitcher Ben Snyder. Tekotte was caught in a run down between second and third base, but a throwing error by Snyder allowed Tekotte to reach third. Saywer Carroll then hit a fielder's choice allowing Tekotte to score the go-ahead run.
Erik Hamren came in for a save opportunity in the bottom of the ninth, but allowed a double and two walks before surrendering the game winning hit to Borbon. The loss was Hamren's fourth of the year and the third blown save in his last four appearances. The Padres have played one-run games in eight of their last 12 contests.
Yoshinori Tateyama picked up his second win for Round Rock. The starting pitcher for the Express, Justin Grimm, tossed seven innings, allowing two runs while striking out seven. Tucson starter Jorge Reyes went five innings allowing nine hits and five earned runs.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 3, 2012
- Round Rock wins 8-7 - Tucson Padres
- Chasers Fall 5-3; Five Game Win Streak Snapped - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Zephyrs Fall to Salt Lake - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Skaggs Dominant in 5-3 Aces' Victory - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Rally Past Tucson 8-7 - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Drop Seventh Straight - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Game Notes: August 3, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Coleman Rejoins Iowa, Parker Rehabs with I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Reno Aces Aim to Beat the Heat with Hot Doggest Nights - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Tucson Padres - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Name LHP Brooks Raley Minor League Pitcher of the Month - Iowa Cubs
- Rainiers, Union Bank Hit a Home Run for Area Youth - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Lose to Fresno in Extras, 4-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Roughed Up By RedHawks, 7-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Ely Resilient in 8-5 'Topes Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Cowgill Powers River Cats Past Redbirds, 4-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- RedHawks Snap Skid in 7-1 Victory - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Salt Lake rallies for win - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Sting Zephyrs, Snap Seven Game Win Streak - New Orleans Zephyrs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.