Hobson Drives Lugnuts To 9-5 WinJuly 28, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Lansing Lugnuts
All nine Lugnuts starters reached base and scored a run. K.C. Hobson was 4-for-5 with a two-run single in the fifth. Kevin Patterson went 2-for-5 with a pair of doubles including a three-run two bagger in the eighth inning.
Chris Schaeffer delivered a two-RBI double in the first inning. Chris Peters walked twice, drove in a run and scored.
Lugnuts starter Anthony DeSclafani (Win, 7-2) allowed a sacrifice fly in the first inning to Ryan Court and that was all in five innings of work. The righty gave up six hits, walked one and struck out three.
Lansing scored four runs in the second and two runs in the fifth against Silver Hawks starter Andrew Barbosa (Loss, 1-2).
Phil Brua allowed one run and three hits in two innings of work. Ian Kadish struck out a pair in his first inning as a Lugnut. Aleson Escalante surrendered three runs in the ninth inning.
The Lugnuts continue their three-game series with the Silver Hawks on Monday, July 29th at 7:05 p.m. Righty Blake McFarland (5-3, 3.88) will start for the Lugnuts. Prospect Archie Bradley (8-5, 3.65) is scheduled to start for South Bend. Tickets are available for purchase online at www.lansinglugnuts.com, at the stadium box office, and by calling 517-485-4500.
Midwest League Stories from July 28, 2012
- Errant Throw Gives Fort Wayne Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Chiefs Lose 10-4 Saturday - Peoria Chiefs
- Hot Rods Solve Whitecaps on Saturday Night - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Nine Hits But Not Enough Runs - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Taylor Provides Another Walk-Off Winner for Clinton - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Win on Great Lakes' Late Miscue - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bees Pop Kernels, 6-1 - Burlington Bees
- Cougars Roar Back for Win - Kane County Cougars
- Gallego Tallies Four Hits in Hawks Loss - South Bend Silver Hawks
- River Bandits Lose Fourth Straight on Another Walk-Off - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Streaking LumberKings top Rattlers on a walkoff single - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Hobson Drives Lugnuts To 9-5 Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains Escape with One Run Win - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Battle Back But Fall 6-5 at Lake County - Dayton Dragons
- Burlington Bees Make Roster Moves - Burlington Bees
- Timber Rattlers Homestand Highlights for July 31-August 3 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Great Lakes Drops Series in Loss - Great Lakes Loons
- Baez's blast downs Kernels, 3-2 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.