McIver Agrees to Terms on One-Year DealJuly 25, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Bridgeport Sound Tigers
McIver, 27, joins the New York Islanders organization for his eighth professional season. The 6'2, 195-pound defenseman posted one goal and 68 penalty minutes in 41 games last season with the Providence Bruins of the American Hockey League.
The Summerside, PEI native has also appeared in 36 NHL contests with the Vancouver Canucks and Anaheim Ducks, notching one assist and 95 penalty minutes. The Canucks selected McIver in the eighth round (254th overall) of the 2003 NHL Draft. In 345 career AHL games with the Manitoba Moose and Providence, McIver has registered 27 points (seven goals, 20 assists) and 814 penalty minutes.
Prior to his professional career, McIver played three seasons with the Toronto St. Michael's Majors of the Ontario Hockey League, as well as one season with the Summerside Western Capitals of the Maritime Junior Hockey League.
American Hockey League Stories from July 25, 2012
- Stars Sign Defenseman Jordie Benn to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Texas Stars
- Buffalo Sabres Sign Defenseman Drew Schiestel to One-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Sign Vaive and Birkholz to AHL Deals - San Antonio Rampage
- McIver Agrees to Terms on One-Year Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolves Agree to Terms with Brad Hunt - Chicago Wolves
- Paek Returns to Griffins' Bench - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B's Enter Affiliation Relationship with ECHL's South Carolina Stingrays - Providence Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.