Smokies Make Series Of Roster Moves TuesdayJuly 24, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Tennessee Smokies
The Smokies roster is at 25 active players, which is the Southern League maximum.
Harris, 25, comes back to Tennessee from his second stint with the I-Cubs. The former University of Tennessee Volunteer pitcher has appeared in 13 games with the Smokies in 2012 and holds a 0-1 record with a 2.70 ERA (8 ER/26.2 IP). Harris has split time this season with in Daytona, Tennessee and Iowa, combining for a 2-3 record and a 2.44 ERA in 31 relief appearances and a spot start. The Fairfield, Calif. native was originally drafted by the Atlanta Braves in 19th round of the 2009 draft, then traded to the Cubs in 2010, along with pitchers Robinson Lopez and Jeffery Lorick for INF Derrek Lee.
Schlitter, 26, returns to Tennessee after being transferred to Daytona on June 20. In 15 games with the Smokies this season, he was 1-2 with two saves and a 4.64 ERA (11 ER/21.1 IP). Originally drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 16th round of the 2007 draft, the Park Ridge, Ill. native was traded to the Cubs for P Scott Eyre in 2008.
Hatley, 24, made 28 relief appearances for Tennessee in 2012 and held a 3-1 record with a 3.40 ERA (17 ER/45.0 IP). The Honolulu, Hawaii native was selected by the Cubs in the 39th round of the 2006 Draft.
Southern League Stories from July 24, 2012
- Wahoos and Reds Extend Player Development Contract - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Bortnick Traded to Diamondbacks - Montgomery Biscuits
- BayBears Fall to M-Braves After Three-Run Seventh - Mobile BayBears
- Colome Shuts Down Generals in Win - Montgomery Biscuits
- Montgomery Blanks Generals 2-0 in Opener Tuesday - Jackson Generals
- Russell Hits Walk-Off to Lead Lookouts, 5-3 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Smokies Defeat Suns 9-2 - Jacksonville Suns
- Smokies Homer Three Times, Win Series Opener over Suns - Tennessee Smokies
- Smokies Make Series Of Roster Moves Tuesday - Tennessee Smokies
- Kentrail Davis Named Southern League Hitter of the Week - Huntsville Stars
- Neal Transferred To Jupiter; Flynn Assigned To Jacksonville - Jacksonville Suns
- Generals Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- Pat Summitt Appreciation Night Rescheduled for July 28 - Jackson Generals
- Mahtook Joins Biscuits - Montgomery Biscuits
- Graham Taylor Named Southern League Pitcher of the Week - Jacksonville Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.