Rodriguez Shuts Down WhiteWings, 7-0.July 14, 2012 - North American League (NAL) Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
Rodriguez, a 5-11 righthander, gave up just four hits, walked two, and struck out 10 WhiteWings (28-20) to secure first place for the Roadrunners (31-18) at the halfway point of Rio Grande Valley's season.
Rodriguez (3-0) has now won all three of his starts for Edinburg. He started the season with El Paso of the American Association, where he went 1-3 with a 10.28 earned run average in five starts.
Derek Perren's 2-run single gave Edinburg a 2-0 lead with one out in the bottom of the fourth to highlight a 3-run frame, but the real offensive highlight came in the fifth when Tim Battle scored from first base on Vincent Blue's single to right field with one out to give Edinburg a 4-0 lead.
Henry Garcia (1-3) took the loss for Rio Grande Valley, allowing four earned runs in six innings while allowing six hits and three walks.
The two teams meet tonight at 6:05 p.m. in Edinburg for the second game of their three game series.
North American League Stories from July 14, 2012
- A Four Run First Inning Propels Cats over Prairie Dogs - Fort Worth Cats
- Dogs Go Down Decisively in Fort Worth - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Rodriguez Shuts Down WhiteWings, 7-0 - McAllen Thunder
- Rodriguez Shuts Down WhiteWings, 7-0. - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Colts Activate Gaines - San Angelo Colts
- Cats Split Doubleheader with Abilene - Fort Worth Cats
- An odd split with Ft Worth - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Colts Swept by Roadrunners - McAllen Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.