VooDoo Players Visit Children's HospitalJuly 3, 2012 - Arena Football League (AFL) New Orleans VooDoo
The players played video games, banana grams, big piano, and computer games with the patients in the teen and children's rooms, and gave out Bones stickers to all of the children that they spent time with.
VooDoo QB Brian Zbydniewski and OL Patrick Afif went to some of the children's rooms since they were unable to go to the playroom with the other children to distribute stickers and brighten their day. Zbydniewski also tested one of the little girls, Paris, about what the animals were on memory cards she was playing with.
"That was a lot of fun. I love being involved and helping out, especially the children," said Zbydniewski, when he returned from the children's playroom to the teen room.
This visit is one of 24 hospital visits that the VooDoo Dolls and players will take part in this season, splitting time between Tulane and Children's Hospital.
Arena Football League Stories from July 3, 2012
- SaberCats Wide Receiver Fred Williams and Offensive Lineman Jasper Harvey Bring Home Week 17 Honors - San Jose SaberCats
- Raudabaugh, Jones Earn Weekly League Awards - Philadelphia Soul
- VooDoo Players Visit Children's Hospital - New Orleans VooDoo
- Phinisee Named Co-AFL Playmaker of the Week - Cleveland Gladiators
- Raudabaugh, Brown and Williams Earn Week 17 Honors - AFL
- Blaze Seek Redemption on the Road - Utah Blaze
- Sharks Offer Discount to Downtown Businesses - Jacksonville Sharks
- Soul Take over Elmwood Park Zoo Saturday - Philadelphia Soul
- Orlando Predators Host Cleveland Gladiators Friday, July 6 - Orlando Predators
- Spokane at Philadelphia - Game Preview - Spokane Shock
- American Idol's Jermaine Jones to Sing at Soul Game - Philadelphia Soul
- AFL Playoff Scenarios as of Week 17 - AFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.