New Orleans VooDoo Cease Operations
LAS VEGAS - The New Orleans VooDoo and Las Vegas Outlaws organizations have ceased operations effective immediately, the Arena Football League announced today. All players under a continuing contract with either Team shall be placed into the Offseason Assignment Process once a date has been determined.
Since no Team ownership is in place, there is no funding for an Outlaws playoff appearance. The AFL Board of Directors took this into consideration as it was voted that Las Vegas will not take part in postseason play. The Portland Thunder will move into the fourth position in the National Conference playoff picture and face the top seeded San Jose SaberCats during the AFL Quarterfinals on Friday, August 14 at 11pm ET.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from August 9, 2015
- Field Set for 2015 AFL Playoffs - AFL
- AFL Ceases Ops for Both LV, NO; Thunder to Participate in 2015 Playoffs - Portland Thunder
- New Orleans VooDoo Cease Operations - New Orleans VooDoo
- Two AFL Teams Fold - AFL
- SaberCats Tie AFL Record in 60-38 Win over KISS - San Jose SaberCats
- Thunder Drop 2015 Season Finale to Arizona 67-39 - Portland Thunder
- Shock Defeat Outlaws 51-34 - Spokane Shock
- Rattlers End Regular Season with Big Win over Thunder, 67-39 - Arizona Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.