American Association Game RecapsJuly 2, 2012 - American Association (AA)
The Grand Prairie AirHogs continue to roll along as they win their sixth straight in an 8-1 victory over the Amarillo Sox. AirHogs RF Trent Lockwood went 2-for-4 with a home run and three RBI while CF Keanon Simon had a two-hit game with a run scored and a RBI. Grand Prairie DH Brian Myrow chipped in with his sixth home run of the season. AirHogs starting pitcher Lance Day tossed a solid game en route to his second win of the season. Day went seven innings allowing an earned run on six hits with four strikeouts.
Sioux Falls 5, Gary SouthShore 0
Four Sioux Falls pitchers combined on a five-hit shutout as the Pheasants beat the Gary SouthShore RailCats, 5-0. Sioux Falls starting pitcher Mitchell Clegg went the first six innings allowing three hits while fanning three batters. The relievers of Dan Cooper, Kyle Mertins and Thomas Heithoff each tossed an inning and together gave up two hits. Clegg was the winner and is now 3-2 on the season. LF Mark Shorey led the Sioux Falls offense going 3-for-4 with a run scored. Pheasants CF Jonny Kaplan, 1B Jared Bolden and C Al Quintana each collected two hits apiece.
Kansas City 3, Lincoln 1 (10 Innings)
The Kansas City T-Bones plate two runs in the top of the 10th inning to snap a 1-1 tie and beat the Lincoln Saltdogs, 3-1. CF Gus Milner and 1B/C Trevor Coleman led the Kansas City offense going a combined 5-for-9 at the plate with two runs scored and two RBI. T-Bones reliever Steve Kent notched the victory tossing two scoreless innings and striking out four batters. Kansas City reliever Mike Mehlich allowed a leadoff walk to SS Joe Spiers in the bottom of the 10th inning but settled down to get his second save of the season. Spiers scored the Saltdogs only run in a 1-for-4 night.
American Association Stories from July 2, 2012
- Pheasants Sweep Away RailCats with Shutout - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Helms' Heroics and Coleman's Bat Lead T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Bones Hang on in 10th, Escape with Series Split - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Early Offense Leads AirHogs to Sweep - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Pheasants Shutout RailCats to Sweep Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Diablos Announce June 22 Thru June 24 Promotions - El Paso Diablos
- Snapple and Cub Foods Team up with Saints to Host Emotional July 3rd Honoring Military Moms - St. Paul Saints
- Hodsdon Named Pitcher of the Week - El Paso Diablos
- T-Bones Hosting Former Major League All-Stars on Friday Night - Kansas City T-Bones
- Ziegler Named Batter of the Month - Wichita Wingnuts
- July 19 Start Time Moved to 7:05 p.m. - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Gaston Named Player of the Week - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Rusch's Wrath Earns Him Pitcher of the Month - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Sox prepare series festivities including Fourth of July fireworks - Amarillo Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.