Phoenix Mercury's Samantha Prahalis Named Rookie of the Month for JuneJuly 2, 2012 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA)
Prahalis led all rookies in assists (5.1 apg) and free-throw percentage (.963), converting 26 of 27 attempts. Among first-year players, she also ranked second in points (13.8 ppg) and third in steals (1.8 spg). Overall, Prahalis ranked in the top five in assists per game and was second in free-throw percentage.
She had a career-high nine assists to go along with 11 points in an 85-66 loss to the San Antonio Silver Stars on June 1, and had a career-high in points (22) on June 23, in a 93-84 loss to the Los Angeles Sparks. Prahalis scored in double-figures in all but two games in June. She led the Mercury in assists and steals and placed second in points for the Month.
The sixth overall pick in the 2012 WNBA Draft presented by Boost Mobile, Prahalis is averaging more than 12 points and five assists for the Mercury.
Highlights of Prahalis' month included:
June 1 vs. San Antonio: Career-high nine assists, along with 11 points in an 85-66 loss
June 23 vs. Los Angeles: Career-high 22 points, along with 4 steals in a 93-84 loss
June 27 vs. Minnesota: 20 points and three assists in a 96-80 loss
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 2, 2012
- Sparks Forward Candace Parker Named Player of the Month - Los Angeles Sparks
- Atlanta Dream Skills Academy in Winston July 16 - Atlanta Dream
- Charles Named Player of the Month - Connecticut Sun
- Connecticut's Charles and Los Angeles' Parker Named Players of the Month - WNBA
- Atlanta Dream's Angel McCoughtry Named WNBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week - Atlanta Dream
- Indiana Acquires Karima Christmas in Trade with Tulsa Shock - Indiana Fever
- Shock Acquires Roneeka Hodges - Tulsa Shock
- Dream's McCoughtry and Silver Stars' Young Take Weekly Honors - WNBA
- Sun Spotlights The Arc New London County - Connecticut Sun
- Sparks Waive Guard Coco Miller - Los Angeles Sparks
- Phoenix Mercury's Samantha Prahalis Named Rookie of the Month for June - WNBA
- New York Liberty Waives Kelly Miller - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.