Bats Come Alive and Generals Out-Slug Stars 7-4June 22, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Jackson Generals
Stefen Romero collected his second-straight multi-hit game to start his Double-A carrer, he was 2-for-5 on Friday. Joe Dunigan was 2-for-5, with a homer and three RBI. Gabriel Noriega and Chris Pettit, the Generals eight and nine batters had three-hits each, and combined to go 6-for-8.
After falling behind in the first 1-0 Jackson rallied for a run in the bottom of the first with an RBI single from Joe Dunigan and scored two in the second on a Huntsville wild pitch and an RBI double from Stefen Romero. The Generals led 3-1.
The Generals added another run in the fifth on a single from Chris Pettit and went ahead 4-2.
After a 2-run double by Huntsville catcher Anderson De La Rosa in the sixth tied the game at 4-4, Joe Dunigan made 6-4 with a 2-run homer to center. The homer was Dunigan's 13th on the season.
Nate Tenbrink added to the hit parade in the bottom of the seventh inning to make the final score, 7-4.
Jackson starter Forrest Snow picked up a no decision after 5.1 innings pitched, allowing four runs on five hits, striking out six and walking two. Moises Hernandez allowed two hits, but tossed a scoreless inning to get the win. Mauricio Robles and Yoervis Medina earned holds and Carter Capps got the save. The save was Capps' 10th of the year and he has not allowed an earned run in 22 innings pitched.
The Generals continue their 5-game series with Huntsville on Saturday night, with first pitch set for 6:05 p.m. LHP Anthony Fernandez (2-5, 3.62 w/HD) makes his Double-A debut against RHP Kyle Heckathorn (2-6, 4.24) for Huntsville. Saturday is Modern Woodmen Night, Relay for Life Night and Sam Bomar Night. There will be post game Fireworks after the game, presented by Modern Woodmen. The game can be heard on NewsTalk 101.5 FM, jacksongeneralsbaseball.com and the Generals TuneIn Radio Station.
Tickets for Generals home games can be purchased at the Generals Box Office at Pringles Park, online at www.jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or by calling 731.988.5299.
Be sure to check out the Generals on Facebook at facebook.com/jacksongenerals, and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/jacksongenerals. Also, download the Generals' iPhone or Android app for free to keep the Generals at your fingertips at all times.
Southern League Stories from June 22, 2012
- BayBears' Late Rally Results in a 10-7 Win - Mobile BayBears
- Wahoos Bounce Back with 4-2 Win - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- M-Braves Silenced by Rienzo, Barons, 3-0 - Mississippi Braves
- BayBears Score 8 Late Runs to Beat Biscuits - Montgomery Biscuits
- Bats Come Alive and Generals Out-Slug Stars 7-4 - Jackson Generals
- Stars Fall To Generals - Huntsville Stars
- Blue Wahoos Hook Lookouts, 4-2 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Suns Defeat Smokies Behind Dominant Alvarez - Jacksonville Suns
- Smokies Bats Silenced by Suns in 2-0 Loss - Tennessee Smokies
- Anundsen Activated From Disabled List - Huntsville Stars
- Mills Aquired from Cleveland Organization - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Generals Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- Moran Promoted to Tacoma, Tenbrink, Kittredge Return - Jackson Generals
- Stars Open up Second Half with Win - Huntsville Stars
- Diamondbacks' Stephen Drew to Rehab with BayBears - Mobile BayBears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.