Pump Jacks Shut out Generals 3-0June 22, 2012 - Texas Collegiate League (TCL) Victoria Generals
Generals starting pitcher Jordan Pacheco pitched well, but gave up three runs on seven hits in seven innings. He had five strikeouts on the night.
In the bottom of the fifth, Taylor Murphy hit a sacrifice fly to break a scoreless tie and give the Pump Jacks a 1-0 lead.
Logan Davis hit a two-out, two-run single in the bottom of the seventh to make the score 3-0 in favor of the Pump Jacks.
Baylor University right-handed pitcher Trae Davis made his first appearance of the season for the Generals in the eighth, pitching a scoreless inning.
Eric Weiss continued his hot hitting with another three-hit performance to lead the Generals offense.
The Generals fell to 10-7 on the season as the Pump Jacks improved their league leading record to 15-3. The Pump Jacks remain undefeated at home so far this season.
The Generals will travel to Lafayette, Louisiana on Saturday to continue their four-game road trip. The Acadiana Cane Cutters will host the Generals in a two-game series starting at 7:05pm on Saturday night at Fabacher Field. Game two will be played on Sunday night.
Texas Collegiate League Stories from June 22, 2012
- Kubat Impresses Again As Pump Jacks Sweep Generals - East Texas PumpJacks
- Bombers Win 3-1 in Alexandria - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Cane Cutters Win against McKinney Marshalls Tonight - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Pump Jacks Shut out Generals 3-0 - Victoria Generals
- Cane Cutters Win Big on Road against Marshals - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Bombers Split Doubleheader with the Strykers - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Pump Jacks Outlast Generals - East Texas PumpJacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.