CornBelters edge RiverHawks, 3-2June 21, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Rockford RiverHawks
Rookie starter Ryan Krumlauf scattered two runs on three hits over seven innings for his first professional win. Krumlauf (1-1) struck out five and walked four. Rockford loaded the bases with nobody out in the eighth inning, but failed to score off the Normal bullpen. Rich Mascheri came out with two outs in the inning and retired pinch-hitter Daniel Gonzalez on a forceout, then struck out the side in the ninth inning to earn his fourth save.
Steve Anderson gave Rockford an early 2-0 lead with a two-out, two-run single in the second inning.
Normal scored an unearned run in the bottom of the second and tied the game in the sixth when Steven Felix homered off starter Drew Rucinski. Ty Wiesemeyer drove in the go-ahead run with an seventh-inning double to left field off reliever Kyle Schepel (0-1).
Rockford has lost three in a row.
The RiverHawks have been held to seven hits in the series. Normal shut out the RiverHawks, 1-0, on Wednesday. The CornBelters have a chance to complete a three-game sweep at 6:30 p.m. Friday.
The RiverHawks are home to play Evansville at 7:05 p.m. Wednesday, June 27. GFS Marketplace and Village Hearth sponsor 50 Cent Hot Dog Night.
The RiverHawks are members of the Frontier League, an independent professional baseball league in its 20th season. Games are broadcast on WNTA-FM (100.5) Advertising and ticket information is available by calling (815) 885-2255. Fans can also visit www.rockfordriverhawks.com.
Frontier League Stories from June 21, 2012
- Otters Explode in 12th Inning for 6-3 Win at Southern Illinois - Evansville Otters
- Miners Lose in Extras - Southern Illinois Miners
- Take That! Lisk Delivers In The 11th - River City Rascals
- Rascals Walk off for Second Straight Game against Grizzlies - Gateway Grizzlies
- ThunderBolts defeat Beach Bums - Windy City ThunderBolts
- ThunderBolts Claim Game Two - Traverse City Beach Bums
- CornBelters edge RiverHawks, 3-2 - Rockford RiverHawks
- Maxwell Leads Slammers to 2-1 Win - Joliet Slammers
- Boomers Edged in Pitcher's Duel - Schaumburg Boomers
- CornBelters defeat Rockford - Normal CornBelters
- Matt Fields Has Contract Purchased by Royals - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rippers Respond to Liquor License Issue - London Rippers
- June 21 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Crushers-Rippers Rained Out - Lake Erie Crushers
- Rippers Game Cancelled - London Rippers
- Two More Pitchers Headed to Affiliated Teams - Windy City ThunderBolts
- RiverHawks Announce Field Training Day & Veterans Appreciation Night - Rockford RiverHawks
- Miners Fall Short in Extras against Otters - Southern Illinois Miners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.