Four Edge Players Honored on All-IFL TeamJune 19, 2012 - Indoor Football League (IFL) Bloomington Edge
Jeff Sobol finished the season with 49 tackles, 30 solo tackles, and 19 assisted tackles. He had 11.5 sacks and 5 forced fumbles. Sobol broke up 2 passes.
Ameer Ismail Ameer Ismail led the IFL in tackles this season with 167. He finished third in solo tackles with 83. Ismail obliterated the team's single-season tackles mark of 106, set by Winston Taylor in 2006. Ismail also had 84 assisted tackles, 5.5 sacks, and 3 interceptions.
He had 2 forced fumbles and returned one for a touchdown. Ismail broke up 4 passes and had a safety.
James Temple set the team record for interceptions in a season with 12 and that total led the IFL. He had 151 yards from those interceptions. Temple had 54 tackles, 28 solo, 26 and assisted tackles. He broke up 7 passes.
Antonio Ficklin was a rock on defense with 52 tackles, 25 solo, and 27 assisted tackles. He had 7.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and broke up 1 pass.
For more information on the Edge visit bloomingtonedge.com and the IFL at goifl.com.
All games can be heard on WJBC Online.
Indoor Football League Stories from June 19, 2012
- Four Edge Players Honored on All-IFL Team - Bloomington Edge
- Green Bay Has Three Selected All-IFL - Green Bay Blizzard
- Storm Kicks off 2012 Playoffs Against Steelhawks - Sioux Falls Storm
- All-IFL Teams Announced - IFL
- Storm Signs Local Talent - Sioux Falls Storm
- Roosevelt's Allentown to Host Playoff Viewing Party - Lehigh Valley Steelhawks
- Edge Set for Opening Round Playoff at Green Bay Saturday - Bloomington Edge
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.