Efforts of Colorado Eagles, Clear Channel Media & Entertainment Help Red CrossJune 18, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Colorado Eagles
"We wanted to do something to help our local community members," said Eagles President & General Manager Chris Stewart, "and when we approached our radio partners at Clear Channel, they were just as eager to get on board and did a tremendous job helping to spread the word about the donation opportunities. With their help, and most of all, the incredible generosity shown once again by the Northern Colorado community, our fundraising efforts were successful."
Last week, the Eagles made an initial pledge of $5,000 to the American Red Cross, and promised to match up to an additional $5,000 through fundraising efforts coordinated with local Clear Channel stations (107.9 The Bear, Big Country 97.9, 96.1 KISS-FM, 1410 KIIX, 100.7 KOLT-FM & 600 KCOL) during a pair of two hour periods last Thursday. During just those four hours, over $9,000 was generously dropped off by Northern Colorado residents! That incredible number resulted in an additional $5,000 matching from the Eagles that, when added to their initial pledge, brought the total close to $20,000. The Eagles also donated proceeds from online merchandise sales in accordance with last week's Father's Day holiday, helping to bring the grand total of the monetary donation up to $20,000.
"It's always amazing to watch Northern Colorado react and help a neighbor in need," said Doc Jarnagin, Program Director for 107.9 The Bear, the Eagles' radio home. "I can tell you that all of our Clear Channel stations are extremely proud to be in the Northern Colorado community and to have been a part of such an extraordinary effort on behalf of the Red Cross & the victims of the High Park Fire. We also can't thank the Colorado Eagles enough for their contribution to our community in all that they do, and their $10,000 donation once again showed why they are champions on and off the ice."
ECHL Stories from June 18, 2012
- Aces Night at the Glacier Piots Game Tuesday, June 26 - Alaska Aces
- Condors in the Community: Baby Cal & Colonel Claw'd hit the books - Bakersfield Condors
- Bulls Training Camp Dates Set - San Francisco Bulls
- Efforts of Colorado Eagles, Clear Channel Media & Entertainment Help Red Cross - Colorado Eagles
- Jackals Announce Season-Ending Roster - Elmira Jackals
- Condors Unveil 15/15 Deal for 15th Anniversary Season - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Announce Season-Ending Roster - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Cyclones Announce 2012 Preseason Schedule - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wheeling Nailers Name Clark Donatelli Head Coach - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.