Outfielder Added to Inland Empire RosterMay 15, 2012 - California League (CalL) Inland Empire 66ers
Gowens hit .221 with two home runs, 18 RBI and six stolen bases last year in 39 games. He made two stops in 2011 between the Angels two rookie levels, the Arizona Summer League Angels and the Orem Owlz. In his final season at Fresno State before being drafted by the Angels, Gowens won a Western Athletic Conference Hitter of the Week Award and was named West Region Hitter of the Week by College Baseball Insider.
Andrew Heid has earned his promotion to AAA through consistent hitting, defense and a flair for the dramatic. Heid leaves the California League as the leader in outfield assists with seven. Heid hit .263 with two home runs and nine RBI while stealing six bags in 32 games. Heid also delivered two walk off hits for the 66ers in extra innings.
The 66ers continue their road trip against division rival Lake Elsinore. The team will be returning home for a weekend series with the Lancaster JetHawks which includes teacher appreciation night presented by City of Readers on Thursday, May 17th and Military Appreciation Night presented by the California Air Guard which also includes a 66ers camouflage cap giveaway on Saturday, May 19th. Tickets are on sale now both at the 66ers box office and online at www.66ers.com . For more information on the Inland Empire 66ers please contact Sam Farber, Director of Broadcasting, at 909-495-7632.
California League Stories from May 15, 2012
- Blaze Sweep Doubleheader from Ports, 2-1 and 6-1 - Bakersfield Blaze
- Saturday, June 30th Marks the Doug Wilhoit Garden Gnome Giveaway - Stockton Ports
- Outfielder Added to Inland Empire Roster - Inland Empire 66ers
- Blaze Win Despite Wildness, 11-6 - Bakersfield Blaze
- Giants Rally Falls Short in 5-3 Loss to Nuts - San Jose Giants
- Quakes Sharp in 5-1 Win - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Offense Goes Silent against Redding, Quakes - Lancaster JetHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.