Blaze Acquires Former Pittsburgh Power IronmanMay 14, 2012 - Arena Football League (AFL) Utah Blaze
"Lonnell DeWalt has a rare combination of size and athletic ability," said President & Head Coach Ron James. "He was a productive player for the Power last season and has the invaluable ability to play both sides of the ball. We're really looking forward to seeing how he can contribute."
As a rookie with the Power in 2011, DeWalt (6-6, 230, Kentucky) proved to be an impact performer in multiple facets of the game. He hauled in 45 passes for 489 yards and 21 touchdowns as a wide receiver, while also notching 53.0 tackles and a team-high four interceptions as a jack linebacker.
DeWalt returned to Pittsburgh in 2012 and caught 11 passes for 151 yards and four touchdowns despite playing in just two games. He added 2.5 tackles and a 38-yard kickoff return before being placed on reassignment on April 30th.
Arena Football League Stories from May 14, 2012
- Blaze Acquires Former Pittsburgh Power Ironman - Utah Blaze
- Derrick Summers Earns Shot in CFL - Jacksonville Sharks
- Philadelphia Soul Trade for T.J. Langley - Philadelphia Soul
- AFL Week 11 Power Rankings Announced - AFL
- Q&A With New Orleans VooDoo DL Michael Janac - New Orleans VooDoo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.