Captains Drop Finale to Dragons 5-4May 11, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Lake County Captains
The Dragons got on the board first in the fourth inning. They scored three times in the inning. The Dragons used four hits all singles. The big base hit in the inning was a single by Ryan Wright. The base hit plated two runs. At the end of the inning it was a 3-0 Dayton lead
The Dragons added on in the top of the fifth inning when Theo Bowe singled to lead off and then Brandon Daily doubled Bowe to third. Bowe came home to score on an error by Lake County and it was 4-0.
The Captains scored a run in the bottom of the sixth inning to cut into the lead. Alex Lavisky led off the inning with his second double and came into score on an error by the second basemen let Lavisky. It was a 4-1 ballgame.
Lake County tied the ballgame in the seventh inning. The Captains scored three runs on three hits and two errors by the Dragons. Todd Hankins base hit tied the ballgame as Jordan Smith scampered home to score the tying run from third base. The score was tied 4-4 heading into the eighth inning.
The Dragons sent RHP Stalin Gerson (1-3, 5.40) to the mound. He did not get a decision. Gerson pitched 5.0 Innings, 5 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K. Ryan Kemp gave up all of the runs for the Dragons. Kemp went 1.1 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 1 K. The winner was Kyle McMyne (3-2). McMyne went 1.2 IP, 2 H and 1 K. Brooks Pinckard earned the save his second of the season. Pinckard pitched a scoreless ninth.
LHP Shawn Morimando (0-0, 6.00) got the no decision. Morimando pitched five innings and allowed six hits four runs all were earned. There was one walk and two strikeouts. Cole Cook pitched two shutout innings allowing two hits and two strikeouts. Francisco Valera (1-3) took the loss. Valera pitched two innings and allowed two hits a earned run and did have one strikeout.
The Captains will stay at Classic Park on Saturday afternoon. On Saturday, The Great Lakes Loons will make their first trip to Lake County. The Captains will send RHP Felix Sterling (1-1,3.03) to the hill, and the Loons will counter with LHP Jarret Martin (2-1, 2.63). The ballgame will start at 4:00 PM
Saturday's game has had the game time change to 4:00 PM. It originally was slated for 1:00 PM. The Captains Annual Science Expo will take place with the battle of the robobots. Sparks and metal shrapnel will fly from the bots in one on one battles of three minutes or less - awarding the last bot standing bragging rights as 'king of the ring.'
Full season tickets plans, 7-, 12-, 20-, and 35-game mini ticket plans for the 2012 season are on sale now at great prices complete with several exclusive benefits. Information can be found at the Captains website www.captainsbaseball.com.
The Lake County Captains are a Class A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians and play their home games at Classic Park in Eastlake, at the corners of State Route 91 and Vine Street. For more information on the Captains, please visit the team's official website at www.CaptainsBaseball.com.
Midwest League Stories from May 11, 2012
- Bees Crush Four Homers in 12-8 Win over Kernels - Burlington Bees
- River Bandits Fall 5-4 in Series Finale with Wisconsin - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cougars Complete Sweep with Walk-Off - Kane County Cougars
- Hawks Nip TinCaps for 3-2 Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods double up Lansing - Lansing Lugnuts
- Glaesmann's Five Hits Help Hot Rods Avoid Sweep - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Rattlers go long to beat Quad Cities - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Montilla Plays Long Ball in Series-Clinching Win - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Captains Drop Finale to Dragons 5-4 - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Lose Lead, But Score Late to Win 5-4 - Dayton Dragons
- Whitecaps Rally for Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Update on Jace Peterson - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Tyler Ybarra Placed on DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps TV Show Premieres May 21st - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- RHP Joe Ross Heads to DL - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Chiefs Win 6-2 Friday, Hoilman Hit Streak to 24 - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Players and Mascot to Visit Greene County Schools Next Week - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Gameday for May 11 - Dayton Dragons
- Gaviglio, Bandits Top Wisconsin, Halt Losing Streak - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.