Kalamazoo Loses North Finals in Four GamesApril 27, 2012 - North American Hockey League (NAHL) Kalamazoo Jr. K-Wings
The Fighting Falcons did a good job of countering a plethora of attacks by the Jr. K-Wings, as they turned their defense into offense midway through the first period. As Port Huron defenseman, Sean Gammage joined the rush and set up a goal by Easton Powers (2nd) to give the Fighting Falcons a 1-0 first period lead.
Port Huron further extended their lead with two more goals in the second period. Ian Miller scored his second of the playoffs 4:25 into the period to give his team a two-goal lead. Gammage assisted on the goal for his second helper of the game. Powers also assisted for his second point of the game.
Following up the Miller goal was Mike Moroso. His fifth of the post season came just three minutes and six seconds after the previous tally.
Moroso took a quick wrist shot that snuck through the stick side of Kalamazoo goalie, Alex Okicki.
Port Huron sealed a trip to the Robertson Cup Finals with an empty netter from Moroso (6th), his second of the contest.
North American Hockey League Stories from April 27, 2012
- Bobcats Fight off Bruins for Division Finals Lead - Bismarck Bobcats
- Bobcats win Game Three, 3-2 - Austin Bruins
- Kalamazoo Loses North Finals in Four Games - Kalamazoo Jr. K-Wings
- Becanic Resigns as Wild Head Coach - Wenatchee Wild
- 'Runners Clobber Bulls in 6-3 Win - Topeka RoadRunners
- Bobcats Light out for Big Road Weekend - Bismarck Bobcats
- Bulls Fall to Topeka Set Stage for Game 4 on Friday - Amarillo Bulls
- Wild Bow to Defending Robertson Cup Champs - Wenatchee Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.