G-Braves Outlast Durham 3-0 in 11 InningsApril 6, 2012 - International League (IL) Gwinnett Braves
Until that time, both teams had played scoreless ball, and neither team had really threatened to score, either. Until the 11th, the Braves had mustered only three hits, all singles; the first two of which came in the first two innings. The Bulls ended up with seven hits, all singles as well.
But in the top of the 11th, Braves' right-fielder Jordan Parraz lined a single to right to greet Durham reliever Dane De La Rosa. Second baseman Drew Sutton walked and, after one out, both moved up on a wild pitch. De La Rosa then struck out Gwinnett first baseman Ernesto Mejia for the second out. However, Terdoslavich, last year's Braves Minor League Player of the Year, then drove a 1-0 pitch into the gap in right-center scoring both Parraz and Sutton to break the drought. Catcher Jose Yepez followed with a double off the wall in left scoring Terdoslavich with the third and final run of the game.
Right-hander Adam Russell (W, 1-0) worked the final two innings for his first win of the season, striking out five batters and walking one. He was one of four pitchers used on the night by Gwinnett. De La Rosa (L, 0-1) was tagged with the loss.
The G-Braves and Durham Bulls continue the four-game series on Saturday, April 7 at Durham Bulls Athletic Park in Durham, NC with a 5:05 first pitch. Last season's IL Pitcher of the Year, right-hander Julio Teheran will make his first start of 2012 for Gwinnett. Right-hander Brian Augenstein starts for the Bulls. Listen to the broadcast on WDUN AM 550 and 102.9 FM with Tony Schiavone calling the play by play.
Tickets for all Gwinnett Braves games including Opening Night on Thursday, April 12 against Durham are on sale now at the Coolray Field Box Office. Call (678) 277-0340 or visit gwinnettbraves.com for more information.
International League Stories from April 6, 2012
- Bulls Go Extras Again But Fall to Braves - Durham Bulls
- G-Braves Outlast Durham 3-0 in 11 Innings - Gwinnett Braves
- Knights Hold on for 6-5 Win on Friday - Charlotte Knights
- Toledo Takes Down Tribe 5-1 in 2012 Season Opener - Indianapolis Indians
- Hens Defeat Indianapolis in Front of Record Crowd - Toledo Mud Hens
- Chiefs Fall 3-1 to Red Wings - Syracuse Chiefs
- Record Crowd Opens Hens' 2012 Season - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Add OF Raul Reyes from Binghamton - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Pawtucket (6:15pm) - Buffalo Bisons
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Prevail in 12 on Opening Night - Durham Bulls
- Durham Edges Gwinnett 4-3 in 2012 Season Opener - Gwinnett Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.