Knights to Partner with the USO for the 2012 SeasonMarch 22, 2012 - International League (IL) Charlotte Knights
As part of their military tribute, Knights players will wear camouflage jerseys at each of the five Military Appreciation games beginning with the season opener on Thursday, April 5, followed by May 27, May 28 (Memorial Day), Sept. 2 and Sept. 3 (Labor Day). The team will also wear the special jerseys on the Fourth of July in celebration of Independence Day.
"The USO of North Carolina is excited to partner with the Knights and their fans in supporting our military service members," said Megan Grady, USO of NC Charlotte Center Director. "We were elated to share in the excitement of support to our military."
Fans will have the chance to own the game-worn jerseys thanks to an online auction beginning on April 1 at 9:00 a.m. at knights.milbstore.com . Bidding will continue throughout the season and all proceeds will benefit the USO of NC.
The Military Appreciation series is presented by OrthoCarolina and Conder Flag.
As part of the partnership with the USO of NC, the Knights are also pleased to kick-off "Operation Sanitation". At each of the five Military Appreciation day games, fans are asked to donate "rack pack" items for our troops. Fans can donate toothbrushes on Opening Day, deodorant at the two games in May, and disinfectant wipes at the two games in September.
In 2011, the USO of NC Charlotte Center served more than 96,600 active duty Military, dependents, and retirees in addition to the more than 11,700 troops served through their outreach program. Their mission is to serve and support America's military and their families.
Single-game tickets for the 2012 season, as well as 2012 Knights season tickets and mini-plans are on-sale now. Baseball Fans Wanted.To Salute Our Troops!
International League Stories from March 22, 2012
- Bisons Fall to Zelphyrs, 6-5, on Thursday - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights to Partner with the USO for the 2012 Season - Charlotte Knights
- Indians Spring Report: No Cuts Thursday - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Roll in Exhbition 10-0 - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Announce "What's New at the Ballpark" for 2012 Season - Buffalo Bisons
- Dominic Zamprogna of General Hospital to Come Through Chiefsville - Syracuse Chiefs
- Red Wings Box Office to Open - Rochester Red Wings
- Innovative Bypass Lane Returns to Coca-Cola Park - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.