Road Warriors Want Your Nominations for Hometown HeroesFebruary 8, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Greenville Road Warriors
Presented by Exec3 Corp Security and Protection Services, the Hometown Heroes program will honor members of the military and public servants in a pre-game ceremony at Road Warriors home games. Fans can nominate military veterans, active duty military and current or former public servants to take part in Hometown Heroes by filling out the nomination form.
The submissions should include the nominee's age, hometown, branch of military served in or type of public service performed, the number of years served, and any awards that were received while on duty. Nominees can be friends, family members, co-workers, or neighbors of the fans who send in the nominations.
The Road Warriors debuted their Hometown Heroes by honoring Marines Staff Sgt. Auston Thompson on November 12, 2011. During his service Thompson was the recipient of a Navy Meritorious Medal, a Presidential Unit Citation, Operation Iraqi Freedom Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal as well as several other awards. Thompson is now a student at Clemson University, where he is working towards a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
For more information on Hometown Heroes please call 864-674-PUCK (7825).
Mark your calendars! The Road Warriors return home on Thursday, February 9, 2012 to take on the Kalamazoo Wings. Join us for a Throwback Thursday presented by WSSL 100.5, The Greenville News and New Rock 93.3. Throwback Thursday features select draft beers, fountain drinks, hot dogs, and pretzels for just $2, and college students can get in for just $6 with a valid ID. Your group of 10 or more can also get a discount off the box office price and preferred seating based on availability by booking in advance. Call 864-674-PUCK to book your group outing with the Road Warriors. Also, please note that the Road Warriors game scheduled for March 1 has been moved to Saturday, March 3 at 7:05 p.m. at the BI-LO Center. Visit www.greenvilleroadwarriors.com for more information.
ECHL Stories from February 8, 2012
- Balanced Steelheads Down Aces, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Aces Edged by Steelheads 3-2 - Alaska Aces
- Bakersfield Strikes Early to Beat Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Keetley and the Condors Whitewash Utah, 4-0 - Bakersfield Condors
- Walleye Sneak Past Cyclones, 2-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Win in Cincinnati 2-1 - Toledo Walleye
- AHL Affiliate Sends Forward to Idaho - Idaho Steelheads
- Gladiators Add Defenseman Tyler Kindle - Gwinnett Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - February 8 - ECHL
- Ben Ryan Reassigned to Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Unveil 2012 Pink in the Rink Jerseys - South Carolina Stingrays
- Harrison Reed Returns to Toledo - Toledo Walleye
- Pretty In Pink - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati Vs. Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals and Greater Berks Food Bank Reading to Give--And Get - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Claim Shelast off Waivers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Want Your Nominations for Hometown Heroes - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Today - February 8 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.