Broadcast Teams for 2012 CHL All-Star Game AnnouncedDecember 27, 2011 - Central Hockey League (CHL)
The duo that will bring the game to the fans on CHL-TV is Bloomington's Greg Halbleib and Allen's Tommy Daniels. Fans can watch the game on CHL-TV for just $7.00 (visit http://chltv.neulion.com./chltv/ for ordering information).
Making the call for the All-Star radio broadcast is Brien Rea of the Arizona Sundogs. It marks the second straight season that Rea will serve as a play-by-play man on the all-star broadcast, last season the St. Louis, Missouri native did the play-by-play for the CHL-TV broadcast in Rapid City.
The game will originate from KDDL 94.3 FM, the flagship station of Arizona Sundogs hockey. KDDL "Cattle Country" is a part of Arizona's Home Town Radio Group in Prescott, AZ.
Halbleib is in his fourth season calling hockey in Bloomington as he was the voice of the Bloomington PrairieThunder for three seasons. The veteran of 32 years in broadcasting served four seasons as the radio play-byplay voice of Illinois State University football and five seasons as the voice of Bloomington Extreme indoor football (two-time United Indoor Football Broadcaster of the Year). The 2009 inductee into the Illinois Basketball Coaches Association Hall of Fame is also currently the radio voice of the Normal CornBelters minor league baseball team and the television voice of Missouri valley Conference volleyball.
Daniels has been the voice of the Allen Americans since the team's inception in 2009 and worked the CHL Finals that same season where the Americans fell in six games to the Rapid City Rush. The veteran broadcaster was born in Buffalo, New York but has been a staple in the Dallas hockey community for a decade. From 2001-04, Daniels hosted the Dallas Stars post-game show on Fox Sports 1190 and during that same time hosted a morning show on Dallas' Fox affiliate. In 2007, he served as the emcee for the Red Carpet Event at the NHL All-Star Game.
Rea is broadcasting in the CHL for the fifth consecutive season working one season in Austin and three seasons in Odessa before joining the Sundogs. No broadcaster has called more games in the CHL than Rea. He began his broadcasting journey with the Lake Forest College men's team in Chicago where he broadcast for two years. He has also worked for WGN Television in Chicago and KMOX Radio in St. Louis during his broadcasting career.
Central Hockey League Stories from December 27, 2011
- Russo, Thunder Cruise Past Mavericks 5-0 - Wichita Thunder
- Clarke's Hat-Trick Lifts Oilers Past Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Three Powerplay Goals Bury Rush in 3-2 Loss to Flock - Rapid City Rush
- Marino, Mallards Edge Rapid City 3-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Shut out by Wichita, 5-0 - Missouri Mavericks
- Gems Fall With Seconds Left In Overtime 6-5 To Evansville Tuesday Night - Dayton Gems
- Early Komets Barrage Enough to Defeat Blaze - Bloomington Blaze
- Blaze's Kalemba Named CHL Oakley Goalie of the Week - Bloomington Blaze
- Bloomington's Zane Kalemba Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Sundogs Acquire Carriveau from Missouri - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Sign Defenseman, Trade Goalie and Defenseman - Missouri Mavericks
- Game Tonight at 7:05pm - Oilers Vs Allen Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Broadcaster Tommy Daniels Named CHL All Star Broadcaster - Allen Americans
- Broadcast Teams for 2012 CHL All-Star Game Announced - CHL
- Dayton Gems Gameday - Gems Travel to Evansville to Battle IceMen Tonight - Dayton Gems
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.