Jacks drop first of two in WenatcheeOctober 15, 2011 - North American Hockey League (NAHL) Odessa Jackalopes
After a scoreless first period, Wenatchee struck first in the second, as Dallas native Trace Redmond put the Wild on top 1-0 on his first goal of the season, a breakaway wrister that beat Jacks goalie Connor Hellebuyck high to the glove side. About twelve minutes later, a Jackalopes turnover resulted in another breakaway chance for the Wild, as Chris Kerr scored his first goal of the year as well, putting Wenatchee up by a pair.
Despite being held scoreless for the duration of the game, the Jacks managed to outshoot the Wild 31-23. It's the third time this season Odessa has managed to outshoot an opponent, but lose the game. The special teams were a non-factor tonight for both teams, as the Jacks went 0 for 3 on the power play and the Wild were 0 for 1.
The Odessa Jackalopes celebrate their 15th Anniversary in 2011-12 and drop the puck on their inaugural campaign as a member of the North American Hockey League. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or by visiting the Jacks online at www.jackalopes.org.
Be sure to follow the Jackalopes on Twitter @LetsGoJacks all season long and don't forget to 'Like' the official "Odessa Jackalopes" fan page on Facebook.
North American Hockey League Stories from October 15, 2011
- Bobcats' Win Streak Ends at Seven with 3-0 Defeat - Bismarck Bobcats
- IceRays Hold on for 8-7 Victory - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Port Huron Falls to Kalamazoo 3-2 - Port Huron Fighting Falcons
- Kalamazoo's Road Victory Makes Eight of Nine - Kalamazoo Jr. K-Wings
- Bulls Top 'Runners as Road Trip Begins - Topeka RoadRunners
- Robbed Again: Nichols Records Third Shutout - Wenatchee Wild
- Jacks drop first of two in Wenatchee - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bulls Beat Topeka 5-3 as the Rivalry Is Renewed - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.