Dayton Gems Netminder Jeff Jakaitis Moves on to AHLSeptember 21, 2011 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - Dayton Gems Press Release
After resigning with the Gems over the summer, Jakaitis, a 28 year old native of Rochester, Minnesota, has accepted an offer to join the Buffalo Sabres organization with an American Hockey League contract. After helping backstop the Gems to the team's first ever playoff appearance last season, Jakaitis got his first taste of the AHL when called up to the Worcester Sharks and then Portland Pirates near the end of the season, suiting up for nine games between the two clubs. Gems head coach Brian Gratz had encouraging words for Jakaitis, noting "we are excited to have been a part of his development and wish him all the best in his future endeavors. Jeff was a fan favorite on and off the ice here in Dayton, and his character and professionalism will be a welcome addition to his future teams."
The Dayton Gems opening night is set for Saturday, November 5 at 7pm. Single Game Tickets are on sale now at the Hara Arena box office and all Ticketmaster outlets. In addition, full season and mini pack ticket packages are still available starting at $27! Call the Gems at 275-7777 for more information and to order by phone.
Central Hockey League Stories from September 21, 2011
- Mavericks Unveil Mobile Application - Missouri Mavericks
- IceMen Sign One More Player and New Equipment Manager - Evansville IceMen
- Thunder Announces Five More Players - Wichita Thunder
- Bloomington Blaze General Manager Jim Riggs Resigns - Bloomington Blaze
- Levente Szuper Returns to Sundogs for 2011-12 - Arizona Sundogs
- Dayton Gems Netminder Jeff Jakaitis Moves on to AHL - Dayton Gems
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.